free website stats program Bike for my Wife | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike for my Wife

Eager

Im looking for feed back and input. I found a 2003 Heritage Classic with 2100 miles. at a dealer for $13900. it is a 100 year Aniversary edition and it also has alot of addons. Black in color and alot of chrome.. It was driven by a woman and has been lowered by the same dealer.

Thanks for your input

I have a Heritage so I am a little biased, but a lowered softail will be a harsher ride than one that is not lowered. If your wife needs something lower than a stock softail, you might try letting her sit on a 1200Sporster Low. JMO

She rode a sporster and didnt like the ride. she said it was fun , but after a short ride her butt hurt. She drove this one and was really happy with it. Only concern is the year and cam shoe issues...ect Want to make sure it is a good deal

I also drove it and it had a really nice ride and it didnt bottom out or seem to rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be concerned with cam shoes at 2100 miles, maybe if it had 21000 I would be checking them, how about your 06 ultra?

If you can get them to throw in the ESP you may have a good deal:s

I was actually looking at an 03 heritage with stage 1, lotsa chrome and only 7000 miles before i bought my 08 last year. Asking was 13000 and I had him talked down to 11000 then found my baby and had to back out of deal. So 13900 probably isn't too unreasonable, should be able to negotiate it down to about 13000 if you really look at it. Good luck, Hope she gets many wonderful miles out of it. check taht year on Craigslist and see what pricing is.

Bought a new 2011 Heritage for the misses when they first arrived and had dealer install a Hd lowering kit and the bike rides fine. I honestly think all the riff raff about how hard the bike will ride and effects of steering is somewhat a lot of bull. Yes I know what you all are going to say, but I do not believe it.
Since I am short and my wife is short every Harley I have ever had I lowered, never no more then an inch, I am sure that if you go more than that then yes all the fears that are mentioned will come true. But in my opion 1 inch does not affect the ride that much.

Back