free website stats program bike dies once in awhile | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

bike dies once in awhile

Harley corporate being the parent company relies on the dealers which sometimes end up being stealers as I have found to be the case. They employ techs that for the most part are just starting off in the business and have a few techs that are capable of diagnosing and fixing problems.
The problem comes about when the dealer doesn't want to pay the help a decent salary and they get techs that just don't care about peoples bikes and this is interpreted as Harley doesn't care about the public and their purchases when all the time if falls on the dealers shoulders.

The parent company is in business to make the share holders a profit and it comes at the expense of US, the buyers. How many times have you seen a problem with a line of their bikes come up and no recall is published? Instead they quietly replace a part that causes a break down or even worse, an injury to someone riding that bike at the time.ONE case in point here the cam bearings of past times. If your motor blew, they would replace it, but if it made it through the time frame (warranty), you were on your own even though they knew they had a bad run of bearings.They very rarely step up to the plate and fix a known problem unless they are forced to do so, again it all comes down to $$$

Parts as well as motor clothes are coming from overseas instead of being made in America, again this boils down to profit for the shareholders which IMO isn't what is going to keep them in business when they just don't hear or even care for that matter what the buying public is saying.

True, this is also why American business is in the shape it's in and much of the reason why our current economy is what it is! NO such thing as customer service anymore, especially after the sale! As for cam bearings, spot on that too! I know of a guy who just had his replaced, he was lucky he had the X-tended warranty. He went with a complete Stage 1 upgrade and spent the $$ on aftermarket cams, HD foot the bill on the labor. People wonder why Americans get the rap they do. Guess we deserve it, after all, we bring it on ourselves.. I've decided to say screw my warranty, they don't do anything anyway, so why bother! They have left me on my own to chase the issue of a dying engine, so, I no longer have anything good to say about the Moco! And, in conversation, I would have to advise people to look at other options out there for a bike!

Update:

Removed Turn signal/running light/brake light pig tail. Went on a 140 run, no shut down! This doesn't happen when I leave home on any kind of run, my suspicions are with that mod. Does this mean I found the cause?? I hope so, but I will wait longer to confirm my suspicions with a few more runs. If this is the case, the MoCo should put and advisement on that part that states this item may cause adverse running effects of the engine! Now, how may people are having issues with engine shut down that run this mod HD sells???? I hope people see this thread and remove that item from their bike to see if it resolves their engine shut down while riding issues! On the flip side, is this only a cause with bikes with the security system?? I have the security system! If so, maybe it's sending low or high signals back to the ECM and the security system interprets it as the security system being activated? Don't really know!

Back