free website stats program Bike cut out in the middle of riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike cut out in the middle of riding

MMO or sea foam will help keep things clean but bad gas has to be dealt with differently like draining, cleaning and replacing with known good gas will do the job.

The draining of a few ounces of fuel with that screw is a good practice to do when you change the oil.

I have actually never done an oil change on my own bike (had it done once at the dealer). I will keep this in mind for when I do, and I'll be checking out stuff on this forum to help me out.

I cannot thank you guys enough haha. :)

Why give the dealer the money, do it yourself, there's enough info here to get you through it.

Sportster Oil Change - Harley Davidson Community

There's others in the self help forum that will show you how to do other things too.
Yup. Since the first time I had it changed, I have not ridden enough to change it again. :p I do some DIY stuff on my cars, just didn't wanna goof it up the first time on the bike.

Took the dealer a week to get my bike back to me... I could probably do the work myself inside a couple hours, less when I get good at it.

For any problems that I become really stumped on/ do not have equipment to fix, there is this mom and pop shop that I can go to that is really good (this is where the scoot is now).

Again, cannot thank you enough. :D

glider and the gang have definitley motivated me to be a more of a diy guy. I am usually very un-confident in my limited wrenching abilities, but since joining here I have changed all my fluids, removed all my bags and seats, installed a hiway bar (only 3 nuts...lol) am thinking about the clutch kit thingy that reduces the clutch pull tension, I still havent got the "hang" of adjusting the clutch, will need a buddy to hold my hand the first time on this one. I gain ground every day, now if the rain would stop...lol

Hey guys, turns out there was a little tab hidden behind the ignition control module cover that was half on, half off like it was loose. So it was getting spark sometimes, sometimes not.

WOW! I am having a very similar problem! I recently bought a used fuel injected 2004 Night Train. I had the bike serviced shortly after I bought it at our local HD dealer. I have put 1650 miles on since and now all of a sudden the bike has started to cut out like water in the gas or something, I put some seafoam in a full tank last weekend and we rode 350 miles over two days (awesome ride btw). Riding double we got 49.884 mpg that day! The bike did cut out twice while under throttle but only slightly. Last night we went to take a ride and immediatly the bike was sputtering, cutting out. After barely making it back home the bike will start up and idle very irregular and shut down. I also hear slight popping near the air filter as it chugs to a halt. I have checked the battery terminals and they are sound. I have also performed the diagnostic using the odometer reset and I get the following from PSSPt: The first S gives me Pn 68923-00c and the SP gives me Pn 67033-04. I believe the first has to do with the security system module but I can't seem to find out the second? Maybe speed-O? Before I take it to the dealer I figured I would see what I could find out here. I also replaced the plugs this morning. Any help or advise would be great.

Back