free website stats program Bike Covers | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Covers

glider.

BOT Machine
Some have asked about purchasing a cover for their bike. I have used the "Dowco guardian" covers on all my bikes and they are a very good quality as well as priced right too.
They have the protective heat shields on the inside and elastic on the edges front and rear for a good fit as well as a vent with a flap covering it to help eliminate the moisture build up under the cover.
I usually get an oversize cover for the RK so it covers the entire wheel instead of leaving the lower half exposed even though mine is stored indoors.

Here's one source for the covers.

[URL="http://exit.hdtimeline.com/sh15640"]Dowco Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore
[/URL]

I use an Exigent cover when I travel. Very nice workmanship and a good fit. They also make front fender and tank covers for when working on the bike. The bike cover is $80. and the fender and tank covers are $40.

One advantage of using a good quality "generic" cover, it does not reveal to casual observer what is underneath, as opposed to the ones that have the big HD Logo on them, visible 100 feet away...way too much attention in my book. I do have HD logo one only because it was on clearance at a great price (probably made by DOW as it has all the features Mr. Data elated to.

Back