Bike Cover

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Badgerw, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Badgerw

Badgerw Member

Does anyone cover their bike with a bike cover when traveling? I will be making my first weekend trip this weekend and the weather forecast calls for rain in the evenings. We will be camping in a campground.

2. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Don't cover the bike, the flapping of the cover will chaff the paint. The rain won't hurt the bike, it is an outside machine. My bike is a mess when I truck it to Florida in Dec. but cleans up good.
    kemo

3. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

i heard that if you really need to cover the bike use shrink wrap, tarps, or other covers will flap in the wind and beat your paint off

4. kemo

kemo R.I.P

GatorHide markets a high speed cover. Check them out at wwwgatorhide.com
    kemo

5. Badgerw

Badgerw Member

I am riding the bike, it will not be on a trailer, I was wondering if anyone covers their bike while parked outside while camping for the weekend.

6. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

I don't cover mine while on a trip because i don't want to use what little room I have to pack things on a cover. However, a guy I ride with covers his every night while on a trip and even during the day if we are not riding.

7. bikerdad

bikerdad Junior Member

I travel two up so packing space is very limited. Cover stays home but I make sure I have a towel to dry things after rain.

8. DEP47

DEP47 Member

I use a low cost cover when I travel. Does not take up much room keeps the dust off, and some rain and dew. Plus I fell it provides some additional security, at least from people messing with the bike, when I am not around. Pack for my wife and in the Ultra bags, and have room for this also.

9. HD4ME!

HD4ME! Active Member

Sometimes I do cover the bike over night. I have the HD cover but before I had that I had a cheap universal cover I bought from Wal-Mart and it worked just fine.

10. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

I take a light weight cover when I travel. It keeps the dew, rain and such off at night and it also covers up what kind of bike it is.