free website stats program Bike Cover suggestions/size | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Cover suggestions/size

HarryB737

I am going to purchase a bike cover for my '09 Heritage for use on overnight trips and as dust cover while in my garage. Suggestions on manufactures & size would be appreciated. I am interested in a brand called "TourMaster- Select" Thanks

I would use the non-labeled "inexpensive" one for on the road use...as Smitty suggested, only because there is no need to attract unwanted attention with a big HD Eagle label on it. The other thing is, on the road, you want it to pack small & light, and honestly they do collect a serious amount of grunge and stuff over the years. The DOW, Guardian and others are a bit more, but the more weather resistant, durable etc. the more bulky and negatives as well as positives start piling up. Heavier means when flapping in the wind can damage paint, if it blocks wind it could as Rich says blow over the bike (though I can't really see a 600-800 lb bike on a jiffystand falling over), and it will thin your wallet if torn or damaged...

Don`t get a cover that tells everyone that there is a Harley underneath...

Get one from the Honda dealer that says Honda on it, it will be a theft deterrent...

Harry, I have two bike covers that I had for my 2007 Fatboy with windshield and saddle bags that I would sell for $25 each. One is a Harley Davidson breathable one with emblem that I used one winter in my garage. The other is a very nice Nelso Riggs water resistant that I purchased to use on a trip to a Rally here in Oregon (Hell's Canyon Rally), it was only used one weekend during the rally.

I now have a 2008 Ultra Classic (neither cover fit this bike) with a Harley cover.

PM me if you are interested, they both have the original bags and the Nelson Riggs cover is in the original box.

I got agree with both sides, probably one from like Wally World would suffice, but I really like my HD brand covers. Maybe it is just a personal preference, I do not know, but I do prefer them over a generic style cover although like I said they will both do the job. Also as Fatboy 07 says about the Nelson Riggs, they make some really nice stuff too.

haven't read the other post

I USE A KING SIZE COTTON TOP SHEET FOR COVER INSIDE GARAGE... WORKS GREAT........... CLOTHES PINS HOLD IT TOGETHER FRONT AND BACK...
QUEEN FOR MY SPORT..

signed....BUBBIE

Back