free website stats program Bike broke - tranny! | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike broke - tranny!

OK, folks. Picked up the old girl today with her rebuilt tranny working thanx to the Mother Ship and Republic HD in Stafford Texas. HD paid for the parts, and I paid Republic for the labor to rebuild the SE 6-spd. Here are some pix of the damaged parts replaced by HD:

6-spd SE Transmission Repair Parts

Total bill was $746.06 which breaks down to:

712.50 Labor
31.00 Shop supplies
2.56 Tax

Republic put HD Formula + in both the tranny and primary. I will swap them out for the Spectro products I order online on Friday. Should be in by the weekend.

I was pretty impressed with how I was treated at Republic HD this time around. They even cleaned my bike before returning it.

TQ

Glad to see you back in the saddle TQ...when you get the little bike going, I hope to see them both in living color...it is spring a-coming YAY! :D

Good to hear that the tranny is back together and that you were treated right by Republic H/D and the Mothership.
kemo

Glad they took care of you TQ and you're back up and running again. Nice documentation of the defective parts too.

Thanks

Glad to see your back up and running again and they took care of you, personally I think the labor cost was very reasonable.

Glad to see your back up and running again and they took care of you, personally I think the labor cost was very reasonable.

Me too. Their estimate was 7.5 hours @ $95/hour, and that is what they charged me plus ... Could I have done it in less time? Probably not. Could they have done it in less time? Maybe. But the alternative I was considering if The Mothership had not come through was the Baker DD6 gear set. That would have been about $2.5k. And my time and getting the old box back from Chopper. So I am satisfied.

TQ

Glad to see you are back up and running TQ. Now get the "little bike" rebuilt so you have no more downtime!:D

Absolutely, and Momma has sanctioned the move of that project up the "to-do list". So right now am rigging up the garage so I have somewhere to work, and don't have to guess which box some tool or part is in. Not gonna be like Chopper's place, but should be functional.

TQ

Glad your back up and running. Now that I see all the work involved I think the labor was fair. Thanks for posting all the info and pictures.

Back