free website stats program Bike broke - tranny! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike broke - tranny!

T Q I hope they hook you up especialy if they did the original work, been there done that and theMOCO took care of me, Good Luck, Jack

Hey TQ, the tranny is still in the box and ready to ship if you need it, I got it from you so I could help out a bro if needed, never though it would be you. I'm sure harley will goodwill it for you, if not it's because of the dealership, I'm sure. I would go with the baker also if they don't make it right for you, I have never had a problem with any S/E six speed, but if they don't stand behind it, then I've got a problem with ever using or recommending another one. Good luck

Well Gents, I gotta say I am gonna have to eat crow after some of the things I have been saying here. Here is the news:

:shock

I just got off the phone with the Service Manager at Republic HD here in Stafford, TX. He said that he had talked to Customer Service at the Mother Ship, and they gave him the go ahead to COMPLETELY repair the bike from any damage associated with the tranny. So that is repairing the tranny and anything else torn up as a result of the drive pulley problem!! I'm a monkey's uncle!

They are gonna charge me labor since the tranny was not installed at the Dealership, but all the parts necessary to completely fix any problems encountered are gonna be covered by the Mother Ship!! Labor is gonna be $712.50.

Mmmmm. That crow tastes a lot like chicken!!

7-10 business days to get in some of the stuff they know they need. Their plan is to knock the tranny apart to double check everything in there. So hopefully I will have the bike back running in a couple of weeks or so.

:bigsmiley25:

TQ

I would never second guess anyone who wants to do their own work, but what would it have cost to have the dealer do the original trans install?

Well Gents, I gotta say I am gonna have to eat crow after some of the things I have been saying here. Here is the news:

:shock

I just got off the phone with the Service Manager at Republic HD here in Stafford, TX. He said that he had talked to Customer Service at the Mother Ship, and they gave him the go ahead to COMPLETELY repair the bike from any damage associated with the tranny. So that is repairing the tranny and anything else torn up as a result of the drive pulley problem!! I'm a monkey's uncle!

They are gonna charge me labor since the tranny was not installed at the Dealership, but all the parts necessary to completely fix any problems encountered are gonna be covered by the Mother Ship!! Labor is gonna be $712.50.

Mmmmm. That crow tastes a lot like chicken!!

7-10 business days to get in some of the stuff they know they need. Their plan is to knock the tranny apart to double check everything in there. So hopefully I will have the bike back running in a couple of weeks or so.

:bigsmiley25:

TQ

Happy to hear that TQ. I was surprised to see that, considering the other experiences you've had with them. I was there Saturday for their V rod blowout and had a pretty good time. I bought my bike from Mancuso, but I prefer to have any service or warranty work done at Republic. Glad it worked out for you.

Thats a lot better than having to pay for the lot so hopefully itll all be done correctly and youll get some riding one

Brian

I would never second guess anyone who wants to do their own work, but what would it have cost to have the dealer do the original trans install?

Not sure. The parts with a 10% discount at the time were just under $3k. Chopper might know.

Have to remove the primary, pull the swing arm, pull the tranny, then reverse everything. Not that much for a shop.

In my case, I also did the True Track "Trackula" up-grade at the same time to get rid of the rear-steer issue.

TQ

Good deal TQ, glad your enjoying the taste of chicken...a lot better than overcooked black bird to be be sure. Hope to hear you riding soon...this is turning out to be a nice spring, too good to have a bike in the shop.

Back