free website stats program biggest ride out you have been in. | Harley Davidson Forums

biggest ride out you have been in.

iv only been on 2 wheels for just over a year now so everything is still very new to me, but today i was involved in a charity toy ride out. it was about a 15/20 mile distance & there was estimated about 500 harleys in it. throughout the journey the streets were lined with people & when looking in front & behind for as far as i could see it was just a sea of bikes, it was an absolutely fantastic sight & great feeling to be part of it. whats the biggest ride out you have been involved in over the years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGHANtxmYd8

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunder in the glens rally Saturday ride out from aviemore to granton on a 40 mile route has about 3000 bikes mostly harleys with a few trikes and some metric bikes thrown in police have the main roads shut down to allow the ride out to go through it takes about 25 minutes for the ride out to fully pass any one point on the route

Brian

Two things,, first, everyone has fun at these rides. I think some of the crowd might even get the idea of going out to buy a bike with all the excitement. And of course the riders always enjoy these events. Second,, I noticed how crowded the riders were at times, some even three across which makes for a bad accident to happen. I don't participate in these rides anymore, not knowing how habits of the drivers around me. JMO.

Thunder in the glens rally Saturday ride out from aviemore to granton on a 40 mile route has about 3000 bikes mostly harleys with a few trikes and some metric bikes thrown in police have the main roads shut down to allow the ride out to go through it takes about 25 minutes for the ride out to fully pass any one point on the route

Brian

i notice you mentioned this rally previously Brian & at that point i looked on the website, it looked like an event id definitely like to attend one year. did you have a good weekend there?

Brevard County Florida ABATE has a toy run every year. It stages in Merritt Square Mall parking lot (very big mall), and rides to Melbourne, Fl about 16 miles away. I've heard that usually the last bike is pulling out of staging about the time the first ones are pulling in to the finish. I don't know how many bikes it takes to ride a safe (?) stagger for that distance, but it's a lot. I rode it about 4 times, then found out I had more fun sitting on the side of the road waving.
Bless ABATE and the Shriners for their efforts to help children.:5:

i notice you mentioned this rally previously Brian & at that point i looked on the website, it looked like an event id definitely like to attend one year. did you have a good weekend there?

Just got home from it a couple of hours ago had a lot of rain over the weekend and the tent wasn't too good at holding it out
it was very cold on the run home today and i had a few layers on with water proof on the top had thicker gloves on than normal and still had cold hands
But ill be back there again next year great atmosphere great company and the whole area is all geared up for it
if you want proper accommodation you would need to book now for next year just to be sure
i usually drink too much beer when i go there but i was good this year
The larger hog groups that attend tend to stick to their own group and don't mix much but then there are quite a few like me that have no affiliations and are there to hang about with like minded people

Brian

yep what he said was there also about 10,000 in the ride out of Miller park at least that was the ones signed up many fell in behind
As they were just starting to file in
105th.jpg

As far as the eye could see in both direction
105thday2_18_.jpg

I was there also! Had my daughter with me. It was a great time for both of us!

Back