free website stats program Bigger Tank | Harley Davidson Forums

Bigger Tank

propflux01

Is there any bigger Fuel tanks that will swap and work with an '05 Sportster 883? Have to find something better than the 3 gallon peanut tank!

Thank you, but that particular unit is same capacity as my current one. Was wondering moreso about tanks from other H-D's

The 883 custom has a 4.5 gallon tank. No reason that I know of as to why it wouldn't fit the other 883's. If you look at the HD catalogue, kits are available for the job. You could end up changing the seat as well though - depends on what set up you have now.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same bike or the same tank.

I just checked the Harley homepage for the 2011 1200 Custom and their specs list the fuel capacity at 4.5 gallons.

Lol we are not. The OP of looking for a crossfit. For his '05 883 and I was stating my '05 1200c has a 3.1 tank

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oh, there are also additional concerns. My Sportster could use the 2011 Custom tank as a direct replacement. Our frames are identical and electronics are "plug 'n play." That was the reason I considered that tank to begin with. It was the end-user price that decided the question. Ouch!

However, aren't there tanks with the same profile from the past? If there are numerous versions with the same shape from over the years, wouldn't there be one for the 883?

Back