free website stats program Big trouble ?????? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Big trouble ??????

Thanks to All,

Although I don't know if I should cry or turn to drugs and alcohol, I do feel better with so many responces. I have been trying some of these things but will try a few more of the suggestions you guys made. Knowing how to reset the computer will certainly be helpful. I swear I will never wash this bike again:s I always thought it looks good with some bug guts on it anyway.
I will let you know how I make out. Thanks again, I can see that this forum will be a great way to make friends and burn up the non riding months of living in Northern Ontario.

Thanks to All,

Although I don't know if I should cry or turn to drugs and alcohol, I do feel better with so many responces. I have been trying some of these things but will try a few more of the suggestions you guys made. Knowing how to reset the computer will certainly be helpful. I swear I will never wash this bike again:s I always thought it looks good with some bug guts on it anyway.
I will let you know how I make out. Thanks again, I can see that this forum will be a great way to make friends and burn up the non riding months of living in Northern Ontario.

Geeeeeeze Another Cunuck:D

Welcome:D

Use a spray bottle of a wipe off clear cleaner that will also shine the bike a little... Many good brands out there...
(check out our forum for suggestions,,,,Many listed)

signed....BUBBIE

Man that's a pile of info right there. I don't know if I have the smarts for that but I will give it a try ASAP.
It is amazing that there are so many very knowledgable guys on this forum that are willing to share their expertise.
THANKS THANKS THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN HELPING DUMMIES WITH HARLEYS.

I've noticed in the Army, on just about every base, there is a company that sells this canned stuff to wash your car/bike. it's $100 for 3 cans, but it works outstanding. It's a wash and wax in a can. doesn't matter how dirty your baby is, this stuff gets it off, and leaves it with a high luster shine. I wish I could think of the name of it right now but I can't, and its raining today so they aren't out there. they usually sit at the gas stations on base.

Edit: oh yeah, and you dont use water. you can either spray it on a rag and wipe it on, or spray directly on the bike and wipe it down. no mess, no water, no soap. It's great stuff.

Well, having read all the posts concerning your trouble, it is my thoughts that you have saturated the electrical system. You may need to take the connectors apart, dry and reassemble them using a good dielectric grease to seal them. Do the computer reset process and try it again. Remember, no direct streams of high pressure water. Only soft spray. Let us know how you make out and what you did to correct this.

I've noticed in the Army, on just about every base, there is a company that sells this canned stuff to wash your car/bike. it's $100 for 3 cans, but it works outstanding. It's a wash and wax in a can. doesn't matter how dirty your baby is, this stuff gets it off, and leaves it with a high luster shine. I wish I could think of the name of it right now but I can't, and its raining today so they aren't out there. they usually sit at the gas stations on base.

Edit: oh yeah, and you dont use water. you can either spray it on a rag and wipe it on, or spray directly on the bike and wipe it down. no mess, no water, no soap. It's great stuff.

I used a product years back and it is probably that one.. Sold only by Distributors...

"Dry Wash n Guard"

If it is, You can usually go around the little guy and buy it by the quart for 30,40$.. I have used this product and it does work great.

My bike was never covered with dirt like said you could apply then Just Wipe off...... Found out really quick, You didn't want to get overspray on the Black as it was very hard to remove.

Came in it's own little pump-up bottle that gives out a Very fine spray. Gave a Glass Like Finish...

signed....BUBBIE

I used a product years back and it is probably that one.. Sold only by Distributors...

"Dry Wash n Guard"

If it is, You can usually go around the little guy and buy it by the quart for 30,40$.. I have used this product and it does work great.

My bike was never covered with dirt like said you could apply then Just Wipe off...... Found out really quick, You didn't want to get overspray on the Black as it was very hard to remove.

Came in it's own little pump-up bottle that gives out a Very fine spray. Gave a Glass Like Finish...

signed....BUBBIE

I'm pretty sure you are talking about the same stuff. I went by the shoppette earlier to see but they won't be out today due to rain. But yes, that stuff works great. waterless wash, it's awesome!

Thanks to the people who responed to this thread I got into the self help and DTC codes. That is a wealth of info. I am sure not a HD technician but I got in there and played around a while. It isn't as complicated as I thought but I seem to be having more than a one code problem. Anyway, I decided to take it to the pros. It's a good excuse to get some more bling while it's in the shop. I'm going to leave it with them for the winter. I want to either chrome or bury the lines, cables and wires etc. on the handle bars. I love that clean look.
God I love this bike and I hope it's okay. I can't wait till spring.
Sas

Thanks to the people who responed to this thread I got into the self help and DTC codes. That is a wealth of info. I am sure not a HD technician but I got in there and played around a while. It isn't as complicated as I thought but I seem to be having more than a one code problem. Anyway, I decided to take it to the pros. It's a good excuse to get some more bling while it's in the shop. I'm going to leave it with them for the winter. I want to either chrome or bury the lines, cables and wires etc. on the handle bars. I love that clean look.
God I love this bike and I hope it's okay. I can't wait till spring.
Sas

Well hopefully you get your baby back well before spring and all is well. One thing I have learned however is to NEVER trust a tech, even HD certified ones. Always double check their work. Your safety is the primary concern.

Sasquatch. Please pm me
I have an indy here to deal with, but I don't know if he will store your bike for the winter.
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Back