free website stats program big tire | Harley Davidson Forums

big tire

hogtyd

Hi folks. does anyone know what is the widest rear tire you can put on a 1999 lowrider without making major mods to the singarm and etc. I know I will have to change the spacers but I don't want to change the swingarm and pully's. any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Hi folks. does anyone know what is the widest rear tire you can put on a 1999 lowrider without making major mods to the singarm and etc. I know I will have to change the spacers but I don't want to change the swingarm and pully's. any help would be greatly apprieciated.
I have put on a 150 tire (1/2 in. wider) on my 2000FXDS (140 stock) and had no issues with it fitting.. The belt-fender had enough room to not rub on the tire..

Without changing a lot of STUFF this is about as wide as you can go... Harley came out with the 150 size on the later bikes..

BUT why do you have to change the spacers??????? tire is CENTERED with stock spacers.
Do you mean putting on a spacer in-between the belt pulley?
signed....BUBBIE

i just remember putting a wide tire 0n my 92 springer. I had to macjone the spacer on one side and make a new longer spacer for the other side by the difference of what was machined off the first side to keep the tire centered in the swing arm. I think it was because we also changed the wheel.

Back