free website stats program Big Sucker Stage II is a Hoss! | Harley Davidson Forums

Big Sucker Stage II is a Hoss!

cmvsm

Just installed this baby and on the first go around the block, sounded like the bike wanted to jump out of its skin in a good way. I didn't expect it, as the bike already had HD Stage 1 air cleaner on it. Pipes seemed louder and the idle became a hundred rpms or so higher to put me from 950-1000 to roughly 1100-1150.

I did get one 'crack' sound in the carburetor area when I pulled the throttle back getting into the garage. Would a small negative adjustment to the carburetor idle adjuster be all I'd need to get her 'perfect'? I'm assuming that the carb was tuned/jetted when the first Stage 1 kit was put on it, so didn't think I needed to do anything with a Stage 2.

Am going to tweak tomorrow, but didn't know if anyone had any additional thoughts.

Bachelor weekend is coming up without the kids and wife, so its just me and the bike for a change.

Just installed this baby and on the first go around the block, sounded like the bike wanted to jump out of its skin in a good way. I didn't expect it, as the bike already had HD Stage 1 air cleaner on it. Pipes seemed louder and the idle became a hundred rpms or so higher to put me from 950-1000 to roughly 1100-1150.

I did get one 'crack' sound in the carburetor area when I pulled the throttle back getting into the garage. Would a small negative adjustment to the carburetor idle adjuster be all I'd need to get her 'perfect'? I'm assuming that the carb was tuned/jetted when the first Stage 1 kit was put on it, so didn't think I needed to do anything with a Stage 2.

Am going to tweak tomorrow, but didn't know if anyone had any additional thoughts.

Bachelor weekend is coming up without the kids and wife, so its just me and the bike for a change.
Then you should be out riding RIGHT:p

That's right Jack. All day ride down A1A on Saturday, then a trip around Lake Okeechobee on Sunday. Great weather this weekend.

That's right Jack. All day ride down A1A on Saturday, then a trip around Lake Okeechobee on Sunday. Great weather this weekend.

Lucky those that can ride. The winter here just seems to go on and on and on....... :15:

Small price we pay for living in paradise, but I feel for all who are snowed in, been there done that

Same here Jack. Lived a spell in Maryland and it could get skin splitting cold up there.

Cruising the ocean today, man on every acceleration I could hear the big sucker sucking that air in. Much more audible than the Stage 1 that I had. The football not being on there I'm sure has a lot to do with it. Sounds a bit like a jet engine on take off.

Back