free website stats program Big Covers... | Harley Davidson Forums

Big Covers...

DelawhereNightsterGuy

Is there any place that sells black Gearcase, Front Sproket, and Primary covers for the 07-08 Sportsters?
I know having them powdercoated is like 500 bucks, but being 23, I'm trying to save $$ whenever I can...
:bigsmiley22:

Hey man don't the roadsters have black motors?

Check with HD on a price, but I am guessing that getting your stuff powdercoated will be cheaper than buying new cases.

what about getting a chrome primary cover and right side cover, sandblasting the chrome off and having those powdercoated I don't know how much that would be, but you can find the chrome covers for around $200 I think.

I know a guy that does powdercoating. He has never charged me more than a case of Yuengling Porter to powdercoat anything!!!! But I guess I am lucky that way. Let me know what you come up with I will talk to him and see what he would want. Only thing is he is slightly slower than molasses on getting stuff done............

THE

Yeah that would be sweet if you could find out what he would want to do it, HD is a rip off on stuff anyways... You'd think that HD would have blacked out the engine on the Nightster... I swear they did the gray just to sell more parts :28:
OR maybe I could find someone with a Roadster that wanted to trade (FAT CHANCE)

I checked with harley, and they have covers for the covers :s
For the sprocket, primary, gearcase in chrome, it would be 223, then I guess I could just have those powder coated...
I still think my best bet for saving $$$ would be to find a roadster owner and either trade with them, or if they've gotten chrome parts already, see if they still have the black stuff and just buy it from them... :22:

Hey buddy try ebay for your covers. I will ask dude what abouts he would want. If you have your heart set on a black motor or covers, what about paint? if either you sandblasted chrome covers or painted your motor (and I am sure that rough surface that the motor is finished with now will hold paint pretty good) that would give you the effect you want. One thing I am not is a painter. Just a suggestion.

If it was me I would get the chrome covers and have them painted with some sort of frame paint or maybe even rhino lining for a truck bed, because that stuff is pretty durable and that would be a custom look for sure.

Hope I gave you an idea or two
THE :rider

one more thing delaware, trading with a roadster owner is probably gonna be your most expensive route unless you find someone who will trade you motor for motor, I am guessing that labor isn't cheap on swapping cases, plus the gaskets and whathaveyou.............

Yeah what I might do is get the trim covers from harley, should be around $300 for all of them, then just have them powdercoated or sandblasted and painted with a high temp enamel, but that wont be till the summer... thanks for the input though klanch! :hii

Delaware man: Check out this ebay item :250215555158 EP7320 BLACK Harley XL motor engine covers Sportster

I think it is for the right side case.

Don't quote me, but I believe that is for an older style sportster...
What I might do is just suck it up and wait till next winter, remove all of the covers, and have them powdercoated...
Why waste a good set of covers? :bigsmiley25:
Anyone have a powdercoater that wants to try it out on my covers? LOL

Don't quote me, but I believe that is for an older style sportster...
What I might do is just suck it up and wait till next winter, remove all of the covers, and have them powdercoated...
Why waste a good set of covers? :bigsmiley25:
Anyone have a powdercoater that wants to try it out on my covers? LOL

Yeah man I didn't look that closely at them, I just wanted to let you know that there is stuff out there. I still haven't had a chance to talk to my powdercoat guy for you. I will when I see him. Keep looking buddy sooner or later you will find them (probably 10 minutes after you send your stuff out for coating)

Good luck on your search

Back