free website stats program Big Build Break In | Harley Davidson Forums

Big Build Break In

when i broke in my 103 i let the bike idle up to temp then rode it to the dyno like i stole it doing the 3rd gear 60mph roll ons, we then had it on the dyno for 4hours.

but my 110 was a little different i took that easy for the 1st 100miles and let the motor heat cycle, then i let rip with the 3rd gear 60mph roll ons, now i just ride it as i would normally.

i would use this same method even if the motor was a 147 from Ultima

Hobbitt,
what about the crank? Do you have your crank pin welded on these builds or you don't have them welded?

is this the same builder who said dont ride 98 miles?

i would personally give it a few more miles and heat cycles as those are big jugs.
at about 250 i would have it on the dyno getting it tuned right then doing a full service, then getting it on the road and enjoying it

Hobbitt,
man you don't know how scared i am to put this thing on the dyno for fear the (edit) bearings in the crank will come apart again.I told the builder that i wanted the s/s crank welded and he charged me $325 and sent it off to falicon cranks in florida but come to find out when i called them they had no record of the crank being sent to them so needless to say i cancelled the check before he could cash it so you can see now why i am nervous as(edit) in putting thatbike on the dyno.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back