free website stats program Big bore questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Big bore questions

GimmeFuel

Looking into my finances, I've learned that I will not be able to afford a new bike any time soon. So, I decided to do some research into big bore kits. I read an article where some guys installed a stage III big bore kit into a stock V-twin 88B and in so doing, nearly doubled the horsepower. So, I think that's the way I'm going to go but since I don't hardly know anything about big bore kits, I've got some questions for you guys.

1) What's the "best" big bore kit out there for an '04 Fatboy 88B V-twin?

2) What other modifications should be made to the bike in response to installing such a kit (air intake, etc)

3) I think my bike already has a stage I in it. What would that change... if anything?

Any other advice you guys have on this I'd appreciate.

Looking into my finances, I've learned that I will not be able to afford a new bike any time soon. So, I decided to do some research into big bore kits. I read an article where some guys installed a stage III big bore kit into a stock V-twin 88B and in so doing, nearly doubled the horsepower. So, I think that's the way I'm going to go but since I don't hardly know anything about big bore kits, I've got some questions for you guys.

1) What's the "best" big bore kit out there for an '04 Fatboy 88B V-twin?

2) What other modifications should be made to the bike in response to installing such a kit (air intake, etc)

3) I think my bike already has a stage I in it. What would that change... if anything?

Any other advice you guys have on this I'd appreciate.

Screamin' Eagle® 95 Stage II Black Race Kit. 29775-02B here is a good start, I rode my brothers 95 in Sturgis Wow what a strong bike

Real happy with my 95cu in upgrade, If you haven't done your cam tensioners yet, then you are over due, upgrade to hyd tensioners and find cams to fit your riding style, a good tuner and your smiling.

Fairly low mile and there should be no problems with what your thinking about. Several kits on the market, HD has already been mentioned. S&S has a complete kit as well as Patrick Racing. You really need to have a look at the cam tensioners. and I would look into lifters.

Fuel Moto. I've seen their dyno numbers and pricing and heard from some very happy customers.

I went another route, but if I had it to do again I'd probably go with them.

So between a stage II bore kit with racing cams, cam tensioners, and lifters, what kind of improvements could I expect to see with my ride?

Also, with those kind of changes, would the stock 150 rear wheel provide enough surface area to handle these types of changes? Would I need to upgrade?

So between a stage II bore kit with racing cams, cam tensioners, and lifters, what kind of improvements could I expect to see with my ride?

Also, with those kind of changes, would the stock 150 rear wheel provide enough surface area to handle these types of changes? Would I need to upgrade?

You may see down turn on fuel mileage but the torque and power will be worth it, as long as your compression ratio does not change too much u should not have spark knock and should run fine on 92 octane gas, Alot of folks have been using compression releases to ease the starting

I went from the stock 88 to the 95 big bore stage 2. My stock numbers were about 55hp/60 some odd TQ. After my dyno last month, I am sitting at 74hp/88tq. That is, after I had a small set of V&H baffles mounted inside of my rinehart baffles. When I added the other baffles it took me up 4hp and 8 tq, to bring me to the numbers above, and helped my "low end TQ. The rineharts are too open for normal driving, and need a little more back pressure. The little V&H baffles mounted inside the rinehart baffles does the trick.
Good pair of slipons for 2011 Streetglide - Harley Davidson Community

Back