free website stats program Big bore kit for "free" | Harley Davidson Forums

Big bore kit for "free"

mnultra

Thought I would pass along what is happening in Minnesota. Interesting idea but I see you have to pay full list for the new bike.

Attachments

• 2009bigborebonusdays_sm.jpg
    2009bigborebonusdays_sm.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 56
There's a glitch somewhere there I think.
'09s & '10s all are 96ci which grow to 110ci with the big bore kit from HD. the older 88ci grow to 103ci with the corresponding kit.
Can someone else shed some light here?

Hobbit had it allmost right, big bore kit 96 to 103- 88 to 95 is changing the bore from 3 3/4" to 3 7/8" you also have to change the stroke (crank shaft) to get the 96 to 110 or 88 to 103. but I don't think you have to bore the cases unless you want to go with a bigger bore than that.

Kevin

crank in the 96 is what makes it a 110 cases dont need to be bored till above that

interesting .. i swear i read where they were drop on without case boring on the 96 I stand corrected

I should have known not to doubt Hobbit(sorry). I did have it right for the 88", and also said if you wanted a bigger bore than 3 7/8" you had to bore the casses, so what do you have to do to get the 107" that you mentioned?

Kevin

Hobbit they should cut ya a deal as many bikes you boguht from them and probs you have had

Back