free website stats program Big Bore Kit/ EFI | Harley Davidson Forums

Big Bore Kit/ EFI

RDking01

Looking for some help on my 2001 Roadkng. Thinking about putting a Big Bore Kit on it to make it a 95ci. Has anyone done this and if so are you have trouble with your bike. They say it is hard to tune the Magnetti Marelli EFI and you end up taking it back for a bunch of repairs. Need all the info I can gather before spending the money

I would send the Fishhunter a PM and ask for his advice on the 98 BB with the M&M fuel injection. Scott knows his stuff on Harleys and would know those early EFI systems.

I've got it on my Heritage. No regrets. I went with the Thundermax with auto tune capability. It does a great job of coming up with the optimal air-fuel mix with a closed look system using wide-band O2 sensors.

My problem is I have a 2001 with a Magnetti Marelli efi system. The local harley shop sayes it is hard to tune. he is not giving me alot of faith in the tuning process. So I was trying to find someone with my year model that has had some work done but I am having no luck

Have done lots of them and never a problem just used the cartage stage 2 download and they ran fine, also used Power Commanders and Harley use to have a Race tuner for the Magnetti Marelli that worked great but they no longer make it :( If your not having a problem with your Magnetti Marelli efi system now the stage two should not make a difference. You'll like the performance gain. If your dealer does not have a tech that knows Magnetti Marelli systems find one that does.

Looking for some help on my 2001 Roadkng. Thinking about putting a Big Bore Kit on it to make it a 95ci. Has anyone done this and if so are you have trouble with your bike. They say it is hard to tune the Magnetti Marelli EFI and you end up taking it back for a bunch of repairs. Need all the info I can gather before spending the money

I just took my 06 Heritage out to 95cuin and installed 203 SE cams with it, have you put any thought to what cams you want?

Have no ideal about cams. Thanks to chopper for the boost in confidence I will probably go ahead with the project. So now I have to do some checking on cams which I also have no clue about. I want something with mid range power. Do alot of highway miles and would like more punch up hills and around big rigs. And I pull a trailer on long trips with the wife. Looking for info whatever you got will help

=================================================

Thanks chopper for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back