free website stats program big bore kit 07 dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

big bore kit 07 dyna

airborne321

im thinking about putting on the screaming eagle stage II big bore kit 103ci on my 07 street bob... any thoughts? and/or any better ideas i do have a price limit but of course i want big and powerfull??

you will end up with a better build by useing different componates from different companys to personalize more to your exact riding style.just having your cylinders bored to a SE,wiesco or other piston kit will save $$,and theres a wider range of cams aftermarket than what SE offers.figure boring your cylinders $95.00,a/c 120.00,piston kit 170.00 & a set of cams 275.00.this would leave some coin left for some headwork

Welcome to the forum airborne, the S/E kits are great, I would recommend one with the 211 cams and high compression pistons for your street bob, no compression releases unless you have the bucks for S/E heads also. But you would be plenty fast without the heads and have a good, dependable, road able bike. Hobbit will ring in on this I'm sure, he has a bob that will do 160mph in neutral, well it's fast, and getting faster, with a handle like airborne you might want to match Hobbit's build.

Welcome to the forum airborne, the S/E kits are great, I would recommend one with the 211 cams and high compression pistons for your street bob, no compression releases unless you have the bucks for S/E heads also. But you would be plenty fast without the heads and have a good, dependable, road able bike. Hobbit will ring in on this I'm sure, he has a bob that will do 160mph in neutral, well it's fast, and getting faster, with a handle like airborne you might want to match Hobbit's build.

I second what chopper says. I just put 95" pistons (9.4:1) and cyls with the 211 cams in my 02 88 and it made a world of difference and still starts and idles just fine and yet it will scoot muuuuch better than stock. I already had the K&N filter and V&H two-into-one exhaust. I have about 500 miles since install and I'm quite happy with this set-up. I put lots of miles on my scoot so radical fast is not part of the scenario for me. I just did a mileage run yesterday and am getting 45.2 mpg as opposed to 50mpg when totally stock

Hey id like to thank everyone for the help on this. im going to go ahead and do the big bore kit stage II and see where that takes me.
AIRBORNE

I'm with Hobbit on the heads, S/E heads are proven for performance and quality, I have found in the past having head work done is all right if you are racing and are going to tear the engine down every other week. My customers like to ride, and I found you can get plenty of performance out of a hog with out doing the heads, and if the customer wants them I bolt a set of proven ones on. ponys start costing more then most want to spend, and I'm not talking in just dollars & cents, I use to have my bikes stroked out, but when I got off work after working on bikes all day I did not want to have to work on my own, in 94 I traded the dealer my stroked out motor with all it's high dollar S&S glory for a stock evo engine, I put it in and have just changed the oil twice a year for about 14 years, and no body has ever had to pull over and wait for me:)

Back