free website stats program Bicycle transport. | Harley Davidson Forums

Bicycle transport.

Davidw2415

Today a friend and I loaded our bikes on the back of my truck and went out to go riding on a trail the runs through our local wine country. This area is real big biker area, pedal and motor. We probably saw over a Hundred motorcycles; of course mostly Harleys. At one point My friend looks at me and said wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of a trailer you could put behind the Harley to carry our bikes. Anybody ever see such a trailer? And would it even be feasible

I'd even think about bypassing the trailer and making some kind of mount on the motorcycle. A bicycle doesn't weigh much at all. Are you set up for a detachable passenger backrest? I'll bet you could find another set of detachable brackets (Ebay/CraigsList) and somehow fashion them into a bike carrier for a pretty reasonable cost. A trailer and associated hitch is going to run you some serious money.

I'd even think about bypassing the trailer and making some kind of mount on the motorcycle. A bicycle doesn't weigh much at all. Are you set up for a detachable passenger backrest? I'll bet you could find another set of detachable brackets (Ebay/CraigsList) and somehow fashion them into a bike carrier for a pretty reasonable cost. A trailer and associated hitch is going to run you some serious money.

I would need a way to carry Two bikes. I know it would probably be to costly; but it would be nice.

I just cant see it?You pull up to a beautiful area on your Harley and ditch it for a pedal bike?Youd better stick with the truck cause someones going to steel those pedalers when you come to your sences and unhook the trailer, leaving the pedal bikes behind.

I just cant see it?You pull up to a beautiful area on your Harley and ditch it for a pedal bike?Youd better stick with the truck cause someones going to steel those pedalers when you come to your sences and unhook the trailer, leaving the pedal bikes behind.

What about going on trails with mountain bikes? Can't take a Harley there! Unless they're coming out with a dual-sport for 2010!

Back