free website stats program ? Between the bags and the fender? | Harley Davidson Forums

? Between the bags and the fender?

MoDaddy

For the 'throw-over' style of leather saddlebags that are held down by the seat, are there any recommendations for putting something between the leather and the painted fender so as to reduce scuffing and wear on the finish?

I was thinkin' maybe a chamouis or other soft cloth.

or am I just being overly protective of my new scoot?

Completely off topic. Just from the title "Between the bags and the fender", I thought you meant the front fender. Any what's between the bags and the front fender - the rider.

I thought it would be rant.

Like with computer support where the word pebcak is used. Stands for, "Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard"

i bought a saddle bag support kit from j&p it works well, kinda a pain to install .you gotta re-wire your turn signals other than that its a breeze

For the 'throw-over' style of leather saddlebags that are held down by the seat, are there any recommendations for putting something between the leather and the painted fender so as to reduce scuffing and wear on the finish?

I was thinkin' maybe a chamouis or other soft cloth.

or am I just being overly protective of my new scoot?

Put some 3M protective mylar film on the rear fender cut to fit where the yoke rests on, bag secured under the seat, no muss, no fuss. There are bag "hoops" (HD, Drag Specialties, and othe makers) that mount to shock bolt and the grab rail bar, preventing the bags from getting caught up in the rotating and moving hardware. Guess that makes 'em throw "unders" :p

Back