free website stats program better seat for sturgis | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

better seat for sturgis

I have an 08 Street Glide and hated the seat. I went out and got an 08 Road glide seat which has better padding and is wider in the back for the passenger than the SG seat. I got it on ebay for around 75.00 (shipped) and I sent it off to MCCycles to get the double padding. Couldn't ask for a better setup for the money. Might be something to consider in sending yours to get "upgraded" vs buying a new one. You can get padding/gel pads/upgrade to leather, etc.... Always keep that in mind vs big bucks on somebody elses model.

I am as well vertically challenged, so much so that I not only had to have a seat that set me lower and more forward I also slammed my bike. None the less let me get to the point. I chose the HD Reach Seat for my choice of seat because I received it at a discount rate when I purchased the bike from the dealer. It is a seat that does well for the money, are their better seats out there, of course there are if you are willing to spend some money. What really made the difference for me was adding the driver backrest. This can be purchased in two option adjustable set, or adjustable micro set. The differences are the later is more adjustable. I just took a trip to the mountains from Florida 7.5 hours each way with no problems (and I had lower back surgery as well as a broken neck in the past) riding two up with the Misses. I will add that I also added to my bike the Heritage bars so the reach was more comfortable for me as I am just a short person 5”5” not like you at 5’11”.
Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Wow! That's a pretty good recommendation for the reach seat - 7+hours. I've also had my bike lowered, pullback bars and the driver back rest. Thanks,

I too have a short inseam of about 29". But even so I bought the Hammock suspended seat. It makes the bike a bit higher and with my short inseam was not the best choice if you are trying to get lower. However it is the MOST comfortable seat I've ever had on any bike I've owned. On my trip last September I rode from Las Vegas to Redding, CA in one day (not sure how far) and was never tired of the seat. I really like this seat but would like a lower version. I'm sure there lower and better seats out there but for me have not found it yet. Should mention I have the 2" pull back touring bars and extended floorboards which might make a difference.

Back