free website stats program Better exhuast | Harley Davidson Forums

Better exhuast

hailey

I am looking into buying a better exhuast system for my 2007 883 Sportster.Still has the stock exhaust and I want it louder.Everyone gets on me for it.I have been looking into the high performance exhaust systems and one I was looking I was told to stay away from.I was looking at Sampson and my cousin Chris said to stay away from Sampson showing me why to.Said the Sampson rusts out and don't last.Any suggestions.

Over the years the only two consistent things I hear about Sampson exhaust is high prices and poor quality.

Hi Hailey being in the US you get the choice of SOOOOOOOOO many - if you just want volume then any slip-on will give you that authentic HD Sporty Rumble and won't break the bank - other wise go for the full stage one set up and get that little sporty breathing and fuelling and more poke to boot :D
Samson is the only pipe to ever get me in trouble with the 5-0 , Vance and hines slip ons sound good on sporties - afraid i can't comment on others as we don't get them :( - but i have used D&D, Samson, Vance and Hines, Cobra and heard some of the more exotic pipes ( i don't like paying more than i have to and at £1000 for import to the UK no ta)

My cousin Chris has been talking me into a Vance and Hines full system.He installed one on a 2008 Sportster in August and the customer is still happy with it.I have to bring it in to get serviced at the same time anyway getting the engine oil changed and have the rear tire changed.

V&H straight Shot Slipons great as no extra bits needed , Straight Shot full system with intake and fueler AWESOME sounding as are the Short Shots with intake and Fueler - this is my last sporty a 1200R with more than a few tweaks LOL

wasn't allowed to play with the black XR1200RR (shop bike LOL) :(

Attachments

• P8020206.jpg
    P8020206.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 20
hi I have khrome werks slip-on's on my sporty custom. already fitted when I bought the bike, sound good an loud.

I decided on a full system.Started it up last weekend,my cousin Chris was hearing an exhuast leak and found it.One of the pipes has a 3 inch crack in it in the back.

I did hear one already,the vance and hines system my cousin installed the customer's sportster and it sounded great

Back