free website stats program Better Dyna Headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

Better Dyna Headlight

FXDC_Stu

During the winter here in the UK, I would like to replace the standard headlamp on my 2007 FXDC with something better looking, I think the original looks a bit small and naff.

Any advice from those who have done a similar mod will be much appreciated.

I'll bite, what is naff? Probably some technical term.

Naff would be a derogatory term meaning not very good
in the context of this post looks naff means doesn't look good

Brian

The standard headlight on my '06 Dyna Super Glide started vibrating up and down; I could see the oscillations on the reflective road signs ahead. At first, it didn't bother me, but it became worse and worse.

It appeared that the rivets had loosened on the headlight housing, allowing this to happen. Oddly, sitting at a stop light it vibrates worse when I apply the front brake, and lessens with I release the brake.

Ironically, I find that this vibration is a safety factor, and I am reluctant to fix it...cars really notice me. I believe that one person thought I was a COP, and pulled over.

My son and I put some silicon sealant between the rivits as a, sort of "shim" and it reduced the vibration; but it is still there.

A Harley replacement part is of course, out of sight price wise...but a Kuryakyn part is more reasonable.

It is NOT keeping me from riding. Anyone had this problem???

I noticed mine as an audible vibration at lower rpm's. Now the light vibrates enough to bounce the light cast in front. It is the rivets. I will drill them out and replace them this winter. Also going with the bulb upgrade.

Has anyone found a Sylvania bulb that works?

I put a chrome visor and a brighter bulb in. Big difference in night visibility and it looks a little cooler. Much cheaper than a new housing.

Thanks for all the responses (and sorry for the delay with mine).

Unfortunately, I didn't make my question very clear - I am looking for suggestions of aftermarket complete headlights to improve both the look and performance of the original unit - I think the original looks a bit too small for the bike.

Any pictures of alternatives appreciated.

Back