free website stats program Best Time To Sell | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Time To Sell

Craigsist is fine, I like better than E-bay because it has so many hits that are just bogus. As others have said, make sure title is free and clear, and bike is running and close to stock as possible and DO NOT let them ride until you/they have the cash on hand with valid M class license...too much liability and fraud out there, better to apologize then to explain to the officer or your insurance agent.

Thanks for all the great responses! I did a lot of work to this bike and wish I didn't have to sell it, but cash is tight and I have one son heading off to college in the fall. His brother is only two years behing him; you know the story.

Harley's are definitely different but I have always removed add ons on previous bikes and sold them outright on eBay or a forum. Rarely do you get more then 10% of the add on cost when you sell it on the bike, but you can get 50% to 75% if you sell it off the bike.

I leave on the items that are too hard to remove or if removing them would be too noticeable on the bike itself.

I never allowed test rides unless the deal was done. He paid and was able to ride the bike. If he felt it was a bad deal, he could come right back with it. Has always worked for me. Until he signs the title its still yours and even with cash in hand, he can say it was not his and he wants his cash back. I've seen it before.

I rarely used eBay or Craigslist. I used the forums for the bike like the FJR sold on the LDRiders and FJR specific forums. Same for the BMWs and older Kawasaki's.

becarful on e bay there is something about the reserve if u dont do it right u have to sell it for the bid prise my friend took a betting on a motor there once he didnt do all the research about e bay good luck

wow, You can tell if someone knows about bikes, and a test ride normally is not required, yes you can start the engine, rev it engage clutch move it a little when they say let me ride it , say get the money and you can ride it home

Back