Best Stand or Lifting device for Road King

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by David, Jan 9, 2008.

1. David

David Active Member

Guys, any suggestions as to which is the best device to get both wheels off the ground for winter and also gives best access underneath for cleaning purposes. Ta.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  3. mykidsdadx3

mykidsdadx3 Member

I picked up a 1500 lb. capacity Central Hydraulics lift at Harbor Freight Tools for about $70. Works fine for my Fatboy.

4. Butch

Butch Active Member

Without a doubt a lift from jsjacks.com. I have one and just love it. My ultra sat lifted all winter. Gave the 70 dollar Harbor Freight to my brother! While all sizes will fit, they were designed to accommodated the bigger sized HDs. My scoot sits rock solid even at the highest point and doesn't need strapping. Can push it around with one hand. A little pricey compared to Harbor Freight or Northern Tool. Then again, way cheaper than a ramp and I don't have to worry about it coming down on top of me.

5. dhog

dhog Active Member

I had one from northern hyd., every time I lifted myEG i nearly had a heart attack. I gave it to my brother-in law anf bought me an Pit Bull! Quite pricie but well worth it,and they have some nice asscories.:bigsmiley17:

6. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

We got the same model, & I agree, it is pretty good for the $ for basic stuff around the shop. I haven't been brave enough to lift our bikes as high as it will go, but I'm a chicken & I've been working on the bikes by myself more than I like, so I stay a bit nervous. But I got the hubby's electra glide on there yesterday. He was there to spot me, but I did it.