free website stats program Best sounding slip ons for tourers? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best sounding slip ons for tourers?

HD Texan

I've been back and forth between Screaming Eagles--Rineharts--and most recently Samson Rolled Thunders.
I used to have Samson Ground Pounders on my Dyna years back and know their quality, but have been out of the Harley scene for a few years now.

What's good (not necessarily what I mentioned above) and where do I find the best price??

i have the 4" SE touring slip ons on my 2011 SG and there a little louder than stock not much. got them for a good price. id like a little more rumble was thinking rhineharts

I've tried many slip-ons over the years and my current favorite pipes are the SE Fatshotz.

They are only listed as fitting 09 and up (I believe) but they fit my 08 Electraglide and earlier years just fine as well.

Nice rumble at idle. Reasonably quiet when cruising and a nice bark when you get on the throttle.

They are also tuneable as they are made by SuperTrapp and you can buy their kit to add or remove baffles, open or closed end cap etc.

Lotsa other good choices out there as well so a lot depends on what you want.

Kind of leaning towards the Rineharts, but what's the difference between the 3.5" and 4" tubes besides the obvious half inch diameter difference?

Good question.

I would say a deeper tone for one with the 4". Other than that if you call Mark at M&M cycles he would be the one to answer that question for you.

You did the right in getting that Ultra!Now you need some more HP to move yourself and your load down the road.I had a 99Ultra that had over 100,000 on it,great ride!The 09 did pull as well(99 motor was built),start with cams that build torque from 2,000 rpm and up,next is a better air filter system,than a fuel management system and lastly your exhaust.The old(99) scoot had a V&H pro pipe 2 into 1,made power but got a little loud as the miles rolled on.So this bike has a Supertrapp 2into1,this is a tuneable pipe with a nice sound when you get into the fun grip but still lets you ride thru cities,nat'l parks etc and not get a ticket.I rode beside a RG last summer during a Iron Butt and could still here after the ride was over! Also all these mods well work when you go to 103"!

I've got V&H big ovals. Not too quiet..not too loud. If I wanted to go a little louder I like the sound of Rineharts.

Back