free website stats program Best slip-on pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Best slip-on pipes

Blade68

Hello all,

I have been riding for 12 years and just recently bought my first Harley:D. The stock pipes are simply too quite. I live in Okinawa Japan and there is no dealership and limited certified mechanics. So, my options are limited for the next 3 years. I want to get a set of slip-ons that will add the loudness I am looking for without having to change the fuel management system or AC (will do that when I get back to the states).

I have been leaning towards the V&H Straightshots HS Slip-ons. Which slip-ons do you like best?:33:

Thanks, in advance, for your advice...

Hey there Blade68 - you're stationed at one of my old stomping grounds - Okinawa. Was there for my last duty station prior to retiring from the Marines in '92. Was the station manager of FEN. Welcome to the forum and hope you have a safe tour.

Wassup Japan?Finally we got an great Asian members stay here.Welcome dude.

Is your question regarding your 2007 Dyna Low Rider FXDL?

Hey "Blade68",Ya might wanta check out these slip-ons. They are : " RUSH" slip-on exhausts.Ya can find a website for them on Google.My local H-D Dealer turned me on to em. Seen em & heard em for myself. They look and sound really good for slip-ons.They are running about $ 269.95 a pair ( plus install fee).Good luck and ride safe, HI-Tek Rednek:42:

Hey there Blade68 - you're stationed at one of my old stomping grounds - Okinawa. Was there for my last duty station prior to retiring from the Marines in '92. Was the station manager of FEN. Welcome to the forum and hope you have a safe tour.

Hey leapfreak,

What a great place to round out your career. Love it here. I know one of the on-air folks at FEN. I appreciated the kind words...

Blade

Wassup Japan?Finally we got an great Asian members stay here.Welcome dude.

Is your question regarding your 2007 Dyna Low Rider FXDL?

What's up speed?

Used to live in Rome NY about 34 yrs ago...Yes the question is about my Low Rider. Any suggestions?

Blade

Hey "Blade68",Ya might wanta check out these slip-ons. They are : " RUSH" slip-on exhausts.Ya can find a website for them on Google.My local H-D Dealer turned me on to em. Seen em & heard em for myself. They look and sound really good for slip-ons.They are running about $ 269.95 a pair ( plus install fee).Good luck and ride safe, HI-Tek Rednek:42:

HTR,

Thanks for the advise, I had heard some fellas talk about Rush's before. I will check em out. Do you have a good website for them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would advise against changing anything exhaust or intake without remapping the computer!
in fact if the bike is 100% stock i would dyno tune and remap, will do wonders for rideability and engine longevity.
as for recommendations as to which brand of slip-ons go for the "look & sound " that suites you and BE SURE TO REMAP THE COMPUTER! Your FI is already way lean. Open pipes will only make it leaner.

If i'm not mistaken the only thing that has to be done for the EFI models to remap the fuel is a plug in programmer like the fuelpak from vanceandhines. if that's the case it should be a lot easier for you to retune the bike once the exhaust is on and you can go ahead and add the aircleaner.

Lots of good advice here for you. If you go just slipons, some say you are good without a tuner (fuel enrichment ) but I feel like "Not Very PC" does about richening the mixture for a few reasons. Cooler running, better running and more power too.

I like the simple things like the TFI or the DFO along with the fuel pac, however the fuel pac has a rep for not habing the greatest tech help if you wander outside their selection of pipes etc.

I've had good luck with the TFI or the DFO many times and the setup and install is quite easy.

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

And the DFO is available at most parts distributors . It is made by Techlusion, the same company as the TFI.

Even if you only do the exhause and not the intake, you will notice a difference.

"Blade68" Try these websites for the RUSH slip-ons : jpcycles.com;or try Amazon.com( go to alphabet line and select "R" and it will bring up RUSH mufflers.). Good luck,hope this helps.Take it easy, HI-Tek Rednek

Back