free website stats program best slip on pipes for roadking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

best slip on pipes for roadking

I like the SuperTrapp SE. They are the old style Screaming Eagle pipes, before the EPA changes.

These pipes have a deeper, throatier sound than the stock pipes but not too loud, although they do get a little louder with age (19,000 miles).

Depends on the look you want but I used the Hooker Tuned Flows for a while and they sound good. Not too loud but have a deep roar. Got alot of compliments on them.

Why settle for less when you can get the best...Rinehart...I love mine.
WAP.gif

If you don't mind a sharp sound then the Reinharts are the easiest to get but if you want a deeper and just a little louder than stock with a noticeable increase in top end power then the Bub 7's are in my opinion the best choice. I had to do a complete stage 1 when I put on the V&H M.O's but with the Bub7's there was no popping or extra heat. Great customer service from Bub too.

I agree with Smitty901.The best pipes for you is very subjective.Depends on what You like.Go to a bike night and look and listen .Almost every pipe manufacturer makes pipes for HD.I run cycle shack slip ons ,and like them.That doesn't mean you'll like them.I don't like rineharts,But you may.It really depends on the sound and performance you're after .And ,of course your budget.Just saying.

If you don't mind a sharp sound then the Reinharts are the easiest to get but if you want a deeper and just a little louder than stock with a noticeable increase in top end power then the Bub 7's are in my opinion the best choice. I had to do a complete stage 1 when I put on the V&H M.O's but with the Bub7's there was no popping or extra heat. Great customer service from Bub too.

My Rineharts are the new 3.5" pipes. They are WAY louder than stock but I'm not hearing the sharp sound you speak of. I wonder if they sound different now that Clearline Industries makes them. I got compliments on the deep, low tone and that's kinda what I'm hearing from them.

The American Custom pipes caught my eye also. I almost went with them but figured I'd get the Rineharts instead. I'm glad I did now and I love the way they look too. Chrome with black tips.

Fitment issues shouls be obviously nill on the AC's, as they are a Harley muffler to begin with.

Personally I like my Rineharts. Not too loud until I need someone to back off, then a good twist of the throttle disturbs the peace.

Back