free website stats program Best Replacement Windshield for Ultra Limited | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Replacement Windshield for Ultra Limited

if you are going to replace your windshield and you have no need for it again I would cut it down to size. won't give you a feel for curved windshields but for the normal it would work. I had a stock windshield and I cut mine down and rode it until I found something I liked. then I bought that size. start high and go low!

or

most dealers have test ride windshields that they will let you use for free.

good luck,

marcus

Can't go wrong with a Klockwerks Windshield.
I'm 6' 4" and the buffetting was very prominent. The curve, recurve and all other curves of the windshield made it perfect. The wind goes around me and I don't have a giant windshield to have to look thru and feel like I am in a cage.
They come in different heights for perfect fit...
Enjoy the ride.....

Freedom Shields! Very high quality. I bought the 11" tinted version and it does a great job! Three fellow riders bought them as well and were very pleased. They're are a recommended vendor on all the HD sites. Recommend going to their website and giving them a look. Think you'll be surprised. Good luck with your selection.

I have a Road King so I won't try to say anything about air flow with the choices of shields for fairings. I just got a Clearview direct replacement for the King and that unit is a masterpiece right out of the box, a thing of beauty. If Clearview puts the same quality into all of their shields, your wouldn't be disappointed with one of theirs.

My son has a tall, recurved, vented Clearview on his Road Glide Ultra and has been very hapy for the full 2 years so far. Mine came with little bushings to go in the holes around the mounting bolts to help prevent windshield cracking from over tightening the bolts. Clearviews are not coated so minor scratches can be polished without creating the foggy "bullseye" that coating makes around polished areas.

I just swapped out my stock 12" shield on my Ultra Classic for a 10" Freedom Shield. I am impressed with the qulaity, and follow up from the company. I am 6' tall with a 32" inseam so I used to look straight into the top inch of the stock windshield. I tried the tall Windsplitter and got a blast of air straight in the face at about 70mph. With the Freedom Shield I have a nice gentle air space behind the shield and look over the top. I am very pleased and recommend the Freedom Shield highly. They will let you try it out and return it if it does not work.

I currently have a Klock Werks 8.5" shield, but really looking at replacing w/LRS...heard good things about them & really decent prices. LRS is constantly having sales.

I've got a Clark's Custom Windshield on my Ultra , and I love it . They are actually 4 or 5 inches wider than stock ,it's pretty neat how they do it .The very first thing you'll notice is how much better the radio sounds because the windshield now extends out to almost fully cover the speaker pod. This windshield is almost a sound system upgrade . They have a bunch of options and if you don't see exactly what you want ...call them , they'll bend over backwards to help.They are super affordable too . I bought a 9" light tint and a 4" smoked for way less than $200 . 9" has over 30,000 miles on it and still looks great.
Custom FLHT Windshields

I've got a Clark's Custom Windshield on my Ultra , and I love it . They are actually 4 or 5 inches wider than stock ,it's pretty neat how they do it .The very first thing you'll notice is how much better the radio sounds because the windshield now extends out to almost fully cover the speaker pod. This windshield is almost a sound system upgrade . They have a bunch of options and if you don't see exactly what you want ...call them , they'll bend over backwards to help.They are super affordable too . I bought a 9" light tint and a 4" smoked for way less than $200 . 9" has over 30,000 miles on it and still looks great.
Custom FLHT Windshields

I have 3 of Clark's windshields. I bought the 10" Flattop (wide) to use on trips. I like it so much it stays on all the time. It was a better upgrade to my tunes than my Hogtunes speakers. And, it was only $90 delivered.

Depends if you want to look through or over the windshield. For me I have a Klock Werks 11.5" tinted that I look through and if I sit up enough I can see over it with my height at 6'4". There are so many its hard to make a choice, good luck with yours.

Back