free website stats program Best Pomade When Riding? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Pomade When Riding?

Bedrock

Without getting into a discussion about whether one 'should' ride with or without a helmet, I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for best pomade to use when out riding?

I don't use pomade,hair wax or spray.Jest let it go back with the wind and suffer when I brush it out.

All I've ever used is Dapper Dan, but all that I had got washed away in the flood and I can't find anymore. :)

Without getting into a discussion about whether one 'should' ride with or without a helmet, I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for best pomade to use when out riding?

The best one is one that fits and that you'll wear. Go to a dealer and try them on. They should be able to help you find the right fit.

The full face helmets offer the most protection from bugs, inclement weather and keep your face pretty if you happen to be unfortunate enough to land on your face. They also make it easier to identify the remains after a horrific crash.

The least protection is from beanies.

Get a helmet with vents to help keep you cool in warmer weather. Although in extreme heat, they seem to be of little benefit.

Shoei, Bell and Arai are quality brands. I try to stay away from the cheapest of the cheap.

Personnally, because I have a windshield, I wear Nolan or HJC in shorty or half helmet and add a face shield when the weather turns foul.

Last edited:
The best one is one that fits and that you'll wear. Go to a dealer and try them on. They should be able to help you find the right fit.

The full face helmets offer the most protection from bugs, inclement weather and keep your face pretty if you happen to be unfortunate enough to land on your face. They also make it easier to identify the remains after a horrific crash.

The least protection is from beanies.

Get a helmet with vents to help keep you cool in warmer weather. Although in extreme heat, they seem to be of little benefit.

Shoei, Bell and Arai are quality brands. I try to stay away from the cheapest of the cheap.

Personnally, because I have a windshield, I wear Nolan or HJC in shorty or half helmet and add a face shield when the weather turns foul.

I think you misunderstood the question. From Dictionary.com:

po·made [po-meyd, -mahd, poh-] Show IPA noun, verb, po·mad·ed, po·mad·ing.
noun
a scented ointment, especially one used for the scalp or for dressing the hair.

The OP is not asking about helmets, he's asking about hair products to use while riding helmetless.

..I'm definately a Dapper Dan man. Now mustache wax..that's another story.

Sometimes just a baseball cap for my destination.

I started out w/ a baseball cap but once I picked up a bit of speed or caught a nice breeze it feels like the hat is going to fly off (& disrupt my eye protection) so it's become distracting.

I no longer have enough hair that it's a issue...:bigsmiley15::bigsmiley15::newsmile040::newsmile040::bigsmiley25::newsmile058:

Back