free website stats program Best pipes for touring? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best pipes for touring?

I just installed S.E. Fatshotz on my 80 road king after 4 sets of slipon's i found the sound i have been looking for. and EPA approved to boot.

OL Bill
Hey Bill... courius what the other three were? Im thinking bout Supertrapp SE with Fin Tails. Pretty quiet but nice rumble. Have Jackpots now and do like em but can't help but notice different pipes...different rumbles :/
SunCruise

You must stay away from the V&H Hi Output Pro Pipe. There is a design flaw. The muffler should be welded onto the head pipe, but it is a push fit with a bad joint that bolts in the back. I had one, and it started shooting hot gases onto the back of my leg.

This weekend at a V&H tent at a show the had one on a Street Glide. I pulled the guy giving the demo of the pipe over and asked him to rub his finger where the joint was. When he did it was black. Really black. I told him that is the same problem I had, and asked him to look where it was pointing.. Right at the passengers calf.

I mentioned that I called V&H for support and replacement, and they said "NO!". Advised me to put $.40 worth of Hi Temp Gasket sealer to fix a $1000 pipe. I told them "no way"

The dealer was so imbarrased that he handed me the exhaust book, and said, "Pick what you want. It is on me."
So with that said the dyna got a new Thunderheader... Whoo! Whoo! Love this pipe. The thunderheader loves the flow. Running at low RPMs will get you a lag. Keep it in the upper revs around town, and when you roll on, your gone.

The original pro pipe is a good pipe. I would go with touring ThunderHeaders if it were me.

Back