free website stats program Best pipes for touring? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best pipes for touring?

Take a good look at the HD SE fatshotz they sound good not loud and mellow out at cruise. They also look great IMO and not something you see on every bike.
A good pipe at a fair price. The book shows 2010 and 2009 CA.
However they are ok for all TC engines

+1

I installed Fatshotz on my 08 Electraglide last spring.

Originally installed Vance&Hines Ovals but they had a raspy, tinny sound which just got more and more annoying, especially on long trips.

Decided to try the Fatshotz last spring and couldn't be happier. Very mellow rumble at idle and cruise but nice bark when you jump on the throttle.

My wife also complained about the previous pipes but she loves the sound of the Fatshotz.... :D

I have a bone stock 2010 ultra classic with 3000 miles on it. On the interstate
i run between 73&77 mph..the bike sounds great not to loud and talks to me when i get on it. The bike as is sounds great and has excellent power and good passing speed. Do the aftermarket stage 1, pipes, sert and ac make that much diffrence.

Yep, some times you can get lucky and rent one that has these on them and give it a try:D

Lot of great options, thanks guys, btw she does use a 3/4 helmet and intercom. Probably going to go with the HD fatshotz.

Jackpot dyno tuned slipons. I've got the slash up. Great looks, performance, quality and most of all...price. They are louder and deeper sounding than stock but not a loud muffler.

I just installed Rinehart True Duals on my 2010 Street Glide. Went from the 2-1 with a SE Nightstick on it. I love the sound of the new pipes. At cruising speed the sound seems to pass right through the pipes with no loudness at all. BUT, when you step on it you hear them.

But my recommendation to you is go to a local rally and look at all the bikes with the millions of aftermarket pipes out there. When you find the ones you like, ask the rider what his set up is.

Because all of us here are going to have our own opinion on our own likes and dislikes. Best way is to go and research this yourself in person. Hang out a any HD dealer on a Saturday morning and I'll bet you'll see at least 50 different combos of pipes. And ask the owner of the bike you like.

You'll be happy you did.

+ 1 for HD SE Fatshotz. Little louder than stock with a great rumbling tone. Can hear stereo easily at cruising speed . I like it :D!

I just installed S.E. Fatshotz on my 80 road king after 4 sets of slipon's i found the sound i have been looking for. and EPA approved to boot.

OL Bill

Back