free website stats program Best pipes for touring? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best pipes for touring?

Try the SE slash cut slip-ons,deeper rumble than stock,but not obnoxious
+1 here... they are quite enough to sneak in/out of the neighborhood at 4am, but will be noticed when you crack the throttle, nice deep rumble is there.

Vance & Hines Monster Ovals.

I bought them for their low volume touring sound with a great low rumble.

We went with V & H Dresser Duals and Monster Ovals on a ’06 RK. Listened to some different ones at the dealership and her face lit up when she heard them.

We recently installed them and have about 200 miles with only praise from her for the sound & volume level.

We also have intercoms on a 3 / 4 helmet (me) and full face (her).

Ear Plugs...... and tell her to be quiet! :newsmile100: :D :newsmile100:
Just kidding... no i'm not.... wait, yes i am.......:)

I just bought Rineharts last week... I can't stand against them.....!!!

There is a man looking to get into trouble with the woman in his life :s

Brian

Went through the same issue as you are going through, we have been running the Khrome Werks touring mufflers for 2 years now, and they sound pretty close to the SE slash cuts, although we also wear ear plugs on long trips to prevent wind noise,, GOOD LUCK

Foam ear plugs. I wear plugs all the time. Keeps the ears from being destroyed by wind noise and the pipes.

Foam ear plugs. I wear plugs all the time. Keeps the ears from being destroyed by wind noise and the pipes.

HUH, LOL, you are right, wish I would have done that years ago, and all the years of working air tools has not helped much, Capital Jack:p

i think the ones i run are called dresser duals, there oval, i'd like them alittle louder, do they make diff baffles for them??

Back