free website stats program Best pipes for touring? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best pipes for touring?

Merlynn

Well this August I made a longstanding wish come true and made the pilgrimage to Sturgis. 5500 miles round trip from Ft. Lauderdale FL and back. This was our first long trip (23 days) living on the bike day after day.

When I asked the wife how she liked it all she could do was point at her ears and say in a loud voice, "WHAT?"

Apparently my Rineharts, which sound like so much sweet music from my seat, are a wee bit louder where she sits. So much so that although she wants to go on more trips she's begging me to turn down the exhaust noise.

Any advice from those of you making long trips with a back seater? What pipes/exhaust systems sound good but don't deafen?

Currently running Rinehart slipons with SERT and SE air cleaner, (basic Stage 1) on an 09 Ultra. We ride with 3/4 helmets and intercom.

Babs is signing "HELP"!

Well this August I made a longstanding wish come true and made the pilgrimage to Sturgis. 5500 miles round trip from Ft. Lauderdale FL and back. This was our first long trip (23 days) living on the bike day after day.

When I asked the wife how she liked it all she could do was point at her ears and say in a loud voice, "WHAT?"

Apparently my Rineharts, which sound like so much sweet music from my seat, are a wee bit louder where she sits. So much so that although she wants to go on more trips she's begging me to turn down the exhaust noise.

Any advice from those of you making long trips with a back seater? What pipes/exhaust systems sound good but don't deafen?

Currently running Rinehart slipons with SERT and SE air cleaner, (basic Stage 1) on an 09 Ultra. We ride with 3/4 helmets and intercom.

Babs is signing "HELP"!

I have the V&H's tapered slash-cuts on my 07 - not loud , nice rumble , good growl when you get into the throttle. No complaints from the Mrs. yet. Can you exchange baffles with the slips you have now or you looking to swap out completely??

I have rush slip ons for my rkc. Interchangable baffles 175 on lf 225 on rt for performance. When cruising they're nice and quite, jump on it and they rap pretty good. And you can take'm out and run open if you like. Just my opinion. 33,ooo mi no complaints from my honey.

Ear Plugs...... and tell her to be quiet! :newsmile100: :D :newsmile100:
Just kidding... no i'm not.... wait, yes i am.......:)

I just bought Rineharts last week... I can't stand against them.....!!!

I run d&d fatcat with the quiet baffle there not to bad but would require a whole new exhaust, I would look into replacement baffles as the cheapest option ,but except for short trips I wear ear plugs,of course dont wear a helmet I am suprised that the 3/4 doesnt cut down on the noise...

vance and hines, true duals with ovals. sounds good at take offs and romp downs, but quiet at 65 to 70 mph.

Back