free website stats program best pipes for heritage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

best pipes for heritage

I put a 1" hole threw the center of the baffles in the original mufflers. Kept the stock look and most people tell me it sounds nice. I like the sound.

Have you heard Khrome Werks HP Plus slip-ons?Very deep sound and not too loud.More like a muscular not obnoxious tone.Way better than Rush IMO and about $250.

Have you heard Khrome Werks HP Plus slip-ons?Very deep sound and not too loud.More like a muscular not obnoxious tone.Way better than Rush IMO and about $250.

Do you have a set of the Khrome Werks? I was running Rush 2.0's, but put the stock mufflers back on: the Rush were so loud that I was getting some threatening looks from local peace officers.

I'm looking for something with a bit more "presence" than the stock mufflers and with better airflow, but I don't want to wake up folks in the next town.

If the Khrome Werks aren't as loud as the Rush, I'd probably go for them...

I called Vance&Hines tech support to discuss exhaust. I wanted the Pro Pipe Chrome but they said it would not fit my 2009 Heritage because of the saddle bags.

I am looking for a good sounding exhaust but not real loud.

They recommended the Double Barrel. They are louder than stock but not as loud as the Big Shot Staggereds with quite baffles.

They said the Double Barrels are about 10db louder than stock.

I have Cobra speedster Shorts on my '08. I love the sound these make. They are loud if you are romping on it and quiet if you are not putting the engine under much load (cruising). Perfect for rattling cadgers as needed...

I called Vance&Hines tech support to discuss exhaust. I wanted the Pro Pipe Chrome but they said it would not fit my 2009 Heritage because of the saddle bags.

I am looking for a good sounding exhaust but not real loud.

They recommended the Double Barrel. They are louder than stock but not as loud as the Big Shot Staggereds with quite baffles.

They said the Double Barrels are about 10db louder than stock.

I have these pipes and they sound great. I have had many compliments on them. They are not as loud as the BSS but they are louder than stock. Last year xlcruser was asking about them and I told him about my experience with them. He bought them and was happy with them.

Here is that thread. new pipes - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks, will be installing them tomorrow with the Heavy Breather, TTS and custom dyno tune.

Will post b4 and after dyno charts.

I just bought an 09 Heritage that had drag pipes. I had the dealer install a set of vance and hines long shots on it. They look and sound great but I had to take my bike in to get it dyno tuned today because changing the pipes is causing problems.

Back