free website stats program best pipes for heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

best pipes for heritage

what is best pipes for heritage as far as looks and sound?

I've gone round and round with the same question. I keep coming back to the Vance & Hines Big Shots Long. Most of what I've read is they are pretty loud but I figure with the quiet baffles and maybe additional baffles from either Big City Thunder or SmartPartz it should get it to the point I can live with it. Haven't ordered anything yet but thats the direction I'm leaning right now. They would go along with a full stage 1 - SE air cleaner and probably a TFI.

V&H Longshots,look great sound even better and i think keep the classic look,im sure you will get plenty answers the same ref other makes,good hunting...ps you can see them on my bike to the left!!!!!!

I have SE slip-ons installed. Good sound, not so much but with that HD quality, easy to change. Some guys say the sound of Rush pipes is pretty similar.

I've got an 06 Heritage and didnt care for the lack of sound from my stock pipes. I searched sound bites and listened for other bikes that had the sound, finally went for the Rinehart duels, that lead to the Thundermax tunner and K&N air filter. This won"t ever end, cam chain tensioners, cams, chrome, more chrome, list goes on and on:D

I've got an 06 Heritage and didnt care for the lack of sound from my stock pipes. I searched sound bites and listened for other bikes that had the sound, finally went for the Rinehart duels, that lead to the Thundermax tunner and K&N air filter. This won"t ever end, cam chain tensioners, cams, chrome, more chrome, list goes on and on:D

If sound is all your looking for Rush is a good choice. If pipes and muffler are changed you will need to upgrade fuel system and possibly air cleaner. The options are endless.

I just bought an 09 heritage(my first harley) it had straight pipes. I didn't want that much noise so the dealer is puting vance and hines longshots on it. I asked if the engine needs to be retuned. He said with just the pipes retuning will not be needed. That sound right? Hope my first harley experience is a good one.:)

I've always liked Big Shot Staggereds on softails. A little loud but with quiet baffles they're a bit better.

Back