free website stats program Best MC Routes | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best MC Routes

At the risk of giving up my honey hole...I don't hear enough about RT 522 (in VA). It's relatively uncrowded, has some sweepers, slight elevation changes, scenery, small towns, etc...

Don't everyone come at once....
WAP.gif

Been on that one a few times going between Little Orleans and Winchester. Nice ride for sure, bet JBC2565 is familiar with that one too :D

Route 66, from coast to coast!

My Motorcycle "Mad Maps" shows Route 66 starting in Chicago.
Goes through Illinois, Missouri, touch of Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and ending in California.

Lake Michigan to the beach at Santa Monica.
2,448 miles, eight states.

I've been on part of the old road and sometimes not much there but it is part of our wanderlust.

I'd like to try the entire ride "someday."

The 7 mile bridge in the Keys, it parallels the Original bridge and the view is WOW:s You can park at the lot at the beginning of the bridge on Marathon and walk the original bridge, walk down under the bridge where kids dive for lobster:s

In SW Washington, ditch I-5 at Castlerock and take the road to Johnson Ridge at Mt. St. Helens. I would wait until next spring though, unless you have studs on your tires.

I agree. I have done some of those roads as well. I am partial to mountain roads that are newly paved and during the fall.

I will take any mountain road like The million dollar hwy. (550) Durango to Ouray Co. in fact about all the rocky mountain roads are great! Good places to stop and wonderfull sights. Also love Hwy 1 in Calif, from Morro bay north to Monterey. Big Sur, Hearst Castle just great. On the other side of the states I love any part of 'The Natchez Trace Pkwy'

The Grossglocknerstrasse into the Austrian Alps from Bruck is 38 km of beautiful hairpin bends in some of the most majestic scenary you will find. Been on it twice, once on my bike and once in my car - wishing I was on my bike :D

Sorry - one of the photographs uploaded rotated through 90 degrees.?!

Attachments

• DSCF0987.jpg
    DSCF0987.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF0986.jpg
    DSCF0986.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1022.jpg
    DSCF1022.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 10
The road i like the most is the A9 the longest road in Scotland i often do from aviemore to perth on the road it is a fast road having been realigned during the latter part of the last century but the scenery is absolutely stunning as you ride through the grampian mountains
if going north cross the kessock bridge on to the black isle then on across the dornoch firth and following the east coast of the northern part of scotland once through the wee town of brora the road changes in character from a modern road of wide sweeping bends to one that follows the contours of the land rising and falling twisting and turning and eventually you can get to john o groats the most northerly part of mainland uk
only problem then is which way south back the way you came or west along the northern coast then south down the west coast as far as kyle and then head for the great glen and fort william south through glencoe and glenorchy

I would do that many times but wife will not go that way as the midges like her too much

Brian

I go to Scotland 3 x's per year. Beautiful Country, ...when its not raining!!! I have always wanted to rent one while there. Talked to West Coast HD in Glasgow last time I was there. He looked at me kind of strange and said not too many people inquiry about it, because the rain is unpredictable. I will do it anyhow.

This summer has had the highest rainfall in over 100 years we just seem to get more and more rain every summer and the technology in modern waterproof clothing is not up to the task yet
Perhaps Edinburgh Harley Davidson do bike hire and as there is only the 2 dealers in Scotland those 2 are the only ones to choose from

Edinburgh Harley-Davidson | Scotlands Premier Authorised Harley-Davidson Dealer, Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, Harley-Davidson Clothing, Used Harley Davidson for Sale, New MY12 H-D Models Harley-Davidson Servicing
Harley Davidson Clothing | Harley Davidson Accessories | New Harley Davidson | Used Harley Davidson | West Coast Harley-Davidson® | Harley Davidson Dealers in Scotland

Brian

Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, Cherahola Skyway, Spearfish Canyon, Needles Highway, Nemo road, Badlands, the road home from work, all great rides.

Sturgis and Tennessee. I also have been lucky enough to ride those roads. One other one near Knoxville..Devils Triangle

Back