free website stats program Best MC Routes | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best MC Routes

We need Fin to bring the single malt. Nah, I got 2 refrig's. no stinking cooler necessary.

In the albany Ny area Id say rt. 9 south is pretty great. full of farmland and plenty of places to strart. then you can go 9 north up through lake george which is in the adirondacks and a huge tourist town. then once you get out of troy into brunswick rt 7 goes all the way to massachusettes through the mountains which is windy up and then back down with lookout points to stop and take pictures and hang out. just get out there and ride dude... what do you want?

The Million Dollar Higway through the San Juan Mountains from Ouray to Durango Colorado. I rode it and had no idea what it was about befoe I started, what a rush! The beauty of it is that once your on it theres no backing out. 82 miles of technical riding. Posted 10MPH switchbacks around rock faces, most of the road is 22 ft wide with 1000 ft drops and no guardrails (for snow removal) and for extra fun, commercial truck traffic allowed! Tops out at about 11,000 ft around Silverton. Very, very cool. Google Million Dollar Highway and you will get all kinds of info.

North Shore (HIWAY 61) from Duluth to the Canadian Border

Route 66, from coast to coast!

I cant say anything about ALL of Rt. 66 but I can about here in Missouri ---If you want to do it for the nostalgia , ok but if not find a different path!!! Been from one end of it to the other and there is WAY to many other black-ribbons to roll down! JMO !

At the risk of giving up my honey hole...I don't hear enough about RT 522 (in VA). It's relatively uncrowded, has some sweepers, slight elevation changes, scenery, small towns, etc...

Don't everyone come at once....
WAP.gif

Back