free website stats program best lift for the price | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

best lift for the price

I bought the Heritage in Feb and then found I needed a jack to change fluids. It also makes polishing 10X easier I scoot around bike on caster stool at eye level.

I bought the Harbor Freight one. The first reason was my brother had one and it looked solid built Bike pretty stable on it. Foot pump to raise.

Additionally I drive bike into garage. Slide jack under 3-4 pumps tires off ground turn 180 and bike face out. When ready to ride lower jack kick jack out of way and I am off.

I figure if jack quits working I can still buy 2 more before I have the price of a expensive one.

My 20 year old Harbor Freight floor jack still works good. Yes I do not trust it and use jack stands but I do not trust a $600 floor jack either.

I would go with the Craftsman over the harbor frieght its made in America by a dependable company and the other is probably made in China you have around 30,000 dollars in bike why skimp on a inferior jack to lift them and the Craftsmans price is not much higher

I own the J&S. It’s made in USA like our bikes, seems to kind of go together. Love both of them. Nice people too.:)

Concur with SC. I had a cheaper jack and didn't trust the hardware and manufacturing (welding) holding my 900 lb. baby. J&S jacks are made to fit under Harleys, including Dynas. I spoke with Jim at J&S and ordered one right then. Never had a second thought. Very stable. Just not cheap. :)

I had both the Harbor Freight and Handy lifts. The Harbor Freight seemed not up to the task and the saftey lever on the Handy was poorly designed. I purchased a Pit Bull brand lift and couldn't be happier. Both the Pit Bull and J&S jack are over built and inspire confidence when your bike is up in the air. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest product to hold up a $20k bike!

Here's a shout out to all the J&S lift owners - can you say "awesome lift!" It would make the best 25th anniversary present ever!

Attachments

• IMG_2306.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 39
I've got the Harley brand lift. I think they sell for about the same price as the J&S lift if I'm not mistaken.

Works great! Pretty heavy and not any fun to move around the garage but does the job very well.

I did buy the Hog Ties for it (or whatever they're called), since the MoCo recommends their use when the bike is up in the air, but I really don't think they're mandatory if all you're doing is cleaning the bike, for example.

Here is the Harbor Freight one, I use a short bungee cord to keep the jiffystand deployed so when you raise and lower bike, it is quite stable.

DSCN0825-1.jpg

Richard is quite right regarding his selection and Hog Tie use...nothing worse than having a bike fall off the lift after spending your good money on a nice lift. The HD one is simple design with little to breakdown and get loose on you.

Last edited:
Ditto on the J&S. The only problem I had was the bottle jack left a puddle about a week ago, I called them and they sent another one right out. That's the way doing business ought to be.

Great thread for lift opinions and recommendations. This is what I love about this site. Read multiple threads for a while and all of a sudden your a bit more educated on a variety of issues. All very helpful. Thanks to everyone for this and all the other great reads! :D

I have a jack for each bike , when I leave for two months at a time they are all jacked up plugged in and covered , tires and suspension get a break as well , they are easy to swing out of the way in the garage as well , like they said 100 bucks won't break anyone and you could use it as a maintaince cost issue

Look at the time and money invested in your bikes and marriage. J&S is what I have and have used others. Appears way more stable and trustworthy kind of like a 25 year marriage. Congrats and good luck.

Back