free website stats program Best companies for riding gear? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best companies for riding gear?

I couldn't agree more. I have a jacket and chaps and the quality and fitment are outstanding.

It not just about quality and fitment. You need to look at the protection it provides, not just "normal use". Your wearing it just in case. And because the attached picture is oh so true...

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 80
Say what you want but the Harley gear is top quality,now saying that i dont pay retail fer nuttin, but being its the end of the year the dealerships usualy got great clearance bargains in the place,i praticly stole my leather and mesh jacket .Go in now dog days of winter you will be surprised what you might find??:newsmile018:

Say what you want but the Harley gear is top quality,now saying that i dont pay retail fer nuttin, but being its the end of the year the dealerships usualy got great clearance bargains in the place,i praticly stole my leather and mesh jacket .Go in now dog days of winter you will be surprised what you might find??:newsmile018:

If you check into a lot of the HD heated gear as well as many other things, you'll find that some of the gear is made by leading manufacturers like Gerbing and then sold by Harley.

I was away from riding for about 18 years before I bought my Heritage in August (great decision!). Now that I have 2 short people and a wife at home, I committed to being as safe as reasonable.

I found riding gear made from a mesh kevlar from cycleport and bought the pants and 3/4 jacket. It's not stylish or cheap, but I'm confident it increases my odds in a crash.

Their website is terrible but there is an active forum related to their gear. ( They have kind of a cult following.) I'm too much of a newbie to have the privilege of posting links. I'm happy to share with anyone interested.

Best wishes, and ride safe.

heine gericke really good stuff :s i have a textile enduro jacket i used to race in 20 years ago and its still like new

Use Internet as reference, but buy from local dealers you prefer to do business with...to help keep their doors open for your convenience...

Jacket - Hein Gericke, leather heavy 1.4mm, jacket is especially good, with zipper flow thru ventilation front and back, button in quilted liner, and collar that snaps down or unfolds up to fully cover the neck.

Boots - Wolverine, old school black wellingtons w/ neolite chevron pattern soles...steel toed, comfortable to walk in and slip resistant, don't pick up mud like Vibram lugged soles.

Gloves - Belstaff Armored & Insulated Gauntlet, Deerskin heavy 1.3mm plain, no seams on palms, finger or thumb grip contact areas.

Chaps - Cycle Pro (Unk brand) - just find heaviest grade leather on rack, YKK metal zippers snaps at lower leg (prevents flapping). :)

Last edited:
As far as leather jackets are concerned ,Ive been riding with my Schott since 1976 its still in very good shape, they have been making motorcycle leathers since 1913 , yea they are not cheep , today they inbed them with more protection witch is a good thing , but not only as a safty investment Schott leathers truly hold there value in the dollor and sense ,they dont come cheep I have seen used schlotts from the 1950s and 60s sell for $1200.

Fox Creek leather jacket, needed to have it custom made for me. Best quality I've ever seen, fit is perfect, their customer service the best also. Heated gloves, H-D (Gerbings actually) work great. For boots I wear Bates Durashocks, great protection and very comfortable. I can wear these all day at work on my feet for 10 hours then ride home no problem. Had to get leather pants custom made (small waist big legs) a local company U.S. Made Leather in Danvers Massachusetts took great care of me. Perfect fit and great workmanship.

Back