free website stats program Best cams to install?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best cams to install??

Mavagrand

I've done a search and can't find the answer. I'm thinking about installing new cams in my 08 FLHTC w/30k. Not for more power but rather to help with the heat. I've read there is a certain cam that allows the bike to run cooler..anyone know which one that is? While I'm in there, I figure I'll change out the bearings too. I know people seem pleased with Timken so what are the part numbers for my 08 FLHTC with the stock 96"? thanx.

I believe this is the bearings. Timken B-148 . I like my SE 255's and the Rivera adjustable pushrods i am running. Runs cooler than stock plus plenty of torque when you call upon it.

I've done a search and can't find the answer. I'm thinking about installing new cams in my 08 FLHTC w/30k. Not for more power but rather to help with the heat. I've read there is a certain cam that allows the bike to run cooler..anyone know which one that is? While I'm in there, I figure I'll change out the bearings too. I know people seem pleased with Timken so what are the part numbers for my 08 FLHTC with the stock 96"? thanx.

Are you gonna go with a bigbore kit or just cams? If you're just changing cams take a look at the S&S 551 ez start cams they are a bolt in cam designed for use in stock motors and will increase the performance a bit and with a good tune you can retain most of your fuel mileage. I know a lot of people go with the piggy back tuners for economic reasons but believe me after lots of trials and $$ I believe you'd be more satisfied if you spent the money on a tuner that can change the map in the ECU and have it dynoed. I recently installed a 106" big bore kit with S&S 583 EZ start cams and after haveing it tuned Asside from the added power I still get 40+ MPG even two up. If you are going to change cams believe me it's well worth the extra $$ to get the motor tuned. :s

I believe the Bearings are torringtons b168 the 148 are for 06 and older twin cams, I have se 255 in my 07 ultra with true duals and pc3 and it performs great I put them in for more grunt with 2 up they also allow me to run 6 gear at lower rpms and it also increased my milage as long as I keep the rineharts from barking Peace. Look on ebay for great deals on 255 cams I paid 100 for mine and they were brand new

Back