free website stats program best bike insurance most people use?? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

best bike insurance most people use??

You don't know what kind of insurance you have until you have a claim. Florida allows stacking so you can get the uninsured / under insured and it will carry to other vehicles. Chopper makes an excellent point in that if the insurance company takes weeks (months) to settle you are out of a lot of riding. Mississippi, you can probably ride pretty much year round. $50.00 a month does not seem out of line. you will get a better deal if you put everythign with one carrier.

I use Progressive. Had an accident 10 years ago, could not have asked for better treatment from an insurance company.

Last edited by a moderator:
after getting new bike progressive got expensive fast, my agent also carries Formost, $ 200 cheeper same coverage..about $400 a year full replacement....

I used to work at a Harley dealer. The bikes that were crashed with Progressive insurance was always was trying to reuse and repair parts instead of flat out replacing. If our dealer or body shop we worked with was unable to repair then Progressive would try to find someone who could repair item to repair bike. This created additional down time for the customer and they would get upset with dealer. On a personal level I bought a new bike in 1998 and signed on with Progressive the rate was cheaper than the insurance I had at the time. Till renewal came the next year. It went up $250.00 no accidents or tickets was told by Progressive rep increase was due to inflation. I then signed on with State Farm as everything I have is insured with them. Price was alot lower than Progressive and as of last year on my 2008 Harley the price dropped $125.00 for the same coverage and I did not ask for a discount it just happened. I have been very satisfied with State Farm.

I'am useing State Farm here in Texas.. but I pay a little more than the other big companys.I also live in a very small town and see my agent on a weeky bases, so he knows me,and he is a rider of a H.D. Roadglide,and I trust him to fight to get any damage repaired right.. Never had a claim,but if I ever do ,I hope to be treated right ???

My wife's Street Bob was totaled last month; it took Progressive 14 days to cut a check to pay it off (Part of that time was because the towing company was trying to delay transporting it to a repair shop so they could collect more storage fees). I didn't get as much as I had hoped for (they paid low book) but they did pay the $3K in accessories claim without hasseling me and if it had been repairable they were going to let the shop of my choice repair it. All in all I am happy with the way they handled it. Now if my rates don't go up next year....

wow ...high numbers..ouch when progressive upped my rates i called all the insc. co's in a/iron & rider mag told them what polic, type, i wanted # wise gave them my email address none could beat foremost. ins. some were crazy............

I had Progressive with my cars and bikes. No accidents/tckts anything derogatory to affect my insurance, When my car insurance was expiring I changed over to Travelers Insurance and saved over $800 a year, so when my bike insurance was expiring I called HD insurance and they found me Safeco which saved me another $400 for the year, with all the same policy info progressive had. Shop around if you are with progressive might save some big $. Safeco said most like they can beat travelers so I will be checking back with them in a few months as well. While I was with progressive never had any problems with them and when my wifes car got hit from behind they fixed it quick, they r just too expensive.

I have State Farm for my bike and I'm pretty happy with it... but I've been with them since I was 16--same agent--and currently insure my house, two cars, my bike and life insurance through them. Multiple policies helps with the premium

Back