free website stats program best bike insurance most people use?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

best bike insurance most people use??

I've ben using Markel on my boat for ten years and on the bike for six years. I find then th have the best prices for the coverage I need.

Like I said Chopper, never had a claim with them so it's very informative to hear about this side of them. When I got my house insurance with Nationwide they did the usual sales pitch wanting to insure everything I own. Have you ever had any dealings with Nationwide?
I have not worked with Nationwide, I think by law all insurance companies must take care of you, it's the local agents that make the company (good or bad) just llike service managers at HD dealerships, I've been using allstate for twenty years and no one can beat their price because of discounts I recieve, I say shop around for the best price you can get and try to check out the track record of the insurance agent before you sign with them, just like Harley dealers, some are great and some you wish you never walked through their front door, yet they are all the same company.

You are going to find good and bad claim stories on every insurance company; some are legit and some are not. One good indicator of how you may be treated are to check JD Powers ratings, and complaint records with your state's insurance department.

When comparing rates, just make sure you are comparing "apples to apples". Some of the less expensive poicies may not provide as much coverage. Also, most companies will provide discounts on other policies when you have all your vehicles and home insured with them. You may want to consider that as well.

I use McGraw Ins. for my bike They offer good rates for excellent coverage. I have not had a claim but I would recommend them to anyone. As a body shop estimator, I have had the "unsavory" privilege to work with alot of insurance companies including: Progressive, Geico, Nationwide,Allstate, Farmers, State Farm, Farm bureau, and many, many others. The truth is, while they all pitch a good deal to you, YOU really need to read the fine print in your policy. It will state that they will repair your vehicle with used or aftermarket parts-at their discretion- if the vehicle is 2yrs old or has a specific amt. of miles. The Insurance companies are not our friends, they are here to make money and will repair your ride as cheaply as possible. Whereas this does not hold true in all cases, the first four that I named are notorious for this. There are some companies that will treat you fairly when they feel it's necessary, there is no other way or when you raise enough cane. It is really buyer beware and hope that you never have a claim.

It's very true that you don't know how good your insurance is until it has to be used. My home and autos are insured with Allstate and looked to have them insure the bike because of past history with claims, very satisfied.
I did think their prices were higher than they should be. Went through the gambit of calling, Gieco, Progressive, Alfa, etc, etc, only to find out since I have multiple policies, Allstate was actually the least expensive.
I called Harley-Davidson, underwritten by SafeCo and thought their prices were very reasonable, so I went with them.
You may want to give them a call. Good luck!

I have not worked with Nationwide, I think by law all insurance companies must take care of you, it's the local agents that make the company (good or bad) just llike service managers at HD dealerships, I've been using allstate for twenty years and no one can beat their price because of discounts I recieve, I say shop around for the best price you can get and try to check out the track record of the insurance agent before you sign with them, just like Harley dealers, some are great and some you wish you never walked through their front door, yet they are all the same company.

Good to see you again Chopper:D

i always had progressive expensive. might have been area long island N.Y.
GOT QUOTE FROM RIDERS ADVANTAGE here in pa cheaper by 150 dollars
compared to progressive here in pa also good luck

Back