free website stats program best bike insurance most people use?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

best bike insurance most people use??

I've had GEICO on all my vehicles for years now. I couldn't find anyone cheaper here in Virginia even State Farm who I have my home insured with. I've had a couple of claims on the cars, deer damage, and they have always been prompt. They sent an adjuster out to my workplace and he took pictures, got replacement pricing and gave me a check the same day. I could then go anywhere I wanted for the repairs or do them myself. Very satisfied with them.

I have Farm Bureau here in TN. Rates much lower than anybody else. No claims on the bikes yet, but have been very happy with auto and house claims.

I have Progressive but I have never filed a claim with them so I can't tell you anything on that side. The rates are low and my vehicles and bike and I also pay mine monthly.

I had a low speed accident last year. State Farm paid me list price for a new saddlebag that had a 1" scratch, primary cover with a small rash, muffler with a small rash, and several other more damaged parts, plus reasonable labor charges. No increase in my rates.
A guy backed into my car a few years ago. His Progressive adjuster was at my house the next day, did an estimate and handed me a check. After doing some research, I found some of the parts prices were for used parts, or just outright wrong, labor was way off. I ripped the check, and got my own estimates, a month later they paid my price. Took a lot of phone time though.

I have been using Markel Ins. in the last year. I believe that they were formerly Bike Line ins. No claims but there rates are good for the amount of coverage they offer.

Motorcycle Insurance: Customized Motorcycle Insurance Quotes: Markel

Bodeen

+1 on Markel. No claims but I have spoken to agents on the phone a few times. All were quite friendly and knowledgeable about their product. I have recommended to several friends and all have been happy....so far.

A guy backed into my car a few years ago. His Progressive adjuster was at my house the next day, did an estimate and handed me a check. After doing some research, I found some of the parts prices were for used parts, or just outright wrong, labor was way off. I ripped the check, and got my own estimates, a month later they paid my price. Took a lot of phone time though.

I had pretty much the opposite experience years ago. Guy on a motorcycle rear ended my Volvo station wagon while I was stopped at a major intersection waiting for the red to turn to a green turn arrow. He was waving and showing off for his pals who he was about to meet at the Burger King to our left! Guess he didn't see my big, blue wagon and brake lights!

Anyway, he was insured by Progressive. They didn't just repair my car, they replaced the entire rear liftgate with an OEM Volvo one and gave me a nice loaner car for the couple days I was without my wagon. I was impressed by Progressive due to this experience.

But like Chopper pointed out, I'll bet there's a lot of variance from city to city based on local agents and appraisers.

I have American Family Ins. Had one claim wife backed into neighbors car. They came the next day wrote checks out for both cars was more than satisfied. Also those people in Tenn. need to check out Farm Bureau like Jake said. Relatives live there and all of them swear by them!!!

It's bad because you don't know what you really got until you need it and then it's too late. Same for all of them. Have had some bad and good experiences with insurance companies. We will almost always come out on the short end.

Back