free website stats program best bike insurance most people use?? | Harley Davidson Forums

best bike insurance most people use??

ron1978

i'm looking to change insurances dues to high costs, whats a good a reliable insurance carrier most of you guys use?? i'm with alfa now, and there just to high, i pay right now, right at $600.00 a year for full coverage, progressive can do it for $444.00 if i pay for a year in full, which i cannot as of right now, more like monthly or every 3 months. fixin to get my knee operated on so i'll be down awhile.

I've used Progressive for 3 years now and been pretty satisfied. Never had a claim, though, and I'm not an obsessive price shopper so your results may vary, as they say!

I've had progressive on my bike and my cages for several years and have always been satisfied with their customer service. They were especially helpful when I moved from Ohio to North Carolina because allmy policies had to be redone to conform with N.C. policies. Never had a claim with them but so far nocomplaints at all.

most of guys i ride with have progressive, i was just seeing if i was missing anything else out there, thanks

If you are not going to ride for a while you could get storage coverage on in ti until you are well again. I've done this in the past and it's like $20 a month, but be sure you dont ride at all until you get liabilty put back on. I've used progressive for over 12 years, no complaints and never found any cheaper.

I have used Progressive on my bike. I set it up on a monthly payment plan and my rate has gone down a bit each year because I've had no claims. I have a couple of friends that swear by Progressive as well.

I have found Progressive Insurance to be the worse insurance company I have ever worked with, they want to short cut the repairs and save themselves money, maybe that's why their cheaper. In all fairness it might just be the agent here in Pocatello Idaho, but I have worked with a lot of insurance companies here and all other insurance companies I have worked with want the repairs done right and done quickly for their customers, Progressive wanted to repair tins and repaint them on a bike with less then a 1,000 miles on it, the company they use could not repair the fender and the paint did not match the rest of the bike, they did give me the go ahead to order new painted parts a month or two after the bike came in for repairs, the owner only had a short time to ride, he was being shipped back to the middle east in the fall and the Progressive agent knew that and still dragged their feet trying to save a buck. I would drive uninsured before I would ever give them a penny, that's just my experience with them.:newsmile055:

Like I said Chopper, never had a claim with them so it's very informative to hear about this side of them. When I got my house insurance with Nationwide they did the usual sales pitch wanting to insure everything I own. Have you ever had any dealings with Nationwide?

I've had geico for the last few years. The rate was good, but I haven't had a claim to find out how they do in a pinch.

i'm looking to change insurances dues to high costs, whats a good a reliable insurance carrier most of you guys use?? i'm with alfa now, and there just to high, i pay right now, right at $600.00 a year for full coverage, progressive can do it for $444.00 if i pay for a year in full, which i cannot as of right now, more like monthly or every 3 months. fixin to get my knee operated on so i'll be down awhile.

I use State Farm and pay monthly.I have three bikes about $200.00 a bike per year.
A couple of years ago my wife crashed her bike on a turn with loose gravel and we had no problem with the claim.
The rate did not go up.
I also have my car and truck insured with them.
Now we could go into how much liability, Personal Injury Protection, Deductible and so on and it would change how much you pay.
By the way I live in New York state where insurance is high.

Back