free website stats program best air filter | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

best air filter

Likewise, I've had them on all my bikes for the last century :lolrolling

ER AH I was going to comment but I think I will save it for a safer THREAD like Roasting a Moderator, HI BOSS:p

Dont get pulled in by the "Big Sucker". Ask me how I know.:D

Bodeen

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know?

I inherited one on my current bike and of all the things to give me trouble it is the "Big Sucker". The backing plate is cheap garbage and it cracks at the bolt hole where it mounts to the carb. Not an isolated incident. Bubbie had one do the same thing and others. Cheap Chinese Ness stuff. That how I know.

Bodeen

I inherited one on my current bike and of all the things to give me trouble it is the "Big Sucker". The backing plate is cheap garbage and it cracks at the bolt hole where it mounts to the carb. Not an isolated incident. Bubbie had one do the same thing and others. Cheap Chinese Ness stuff. That how I know.

Bodeen
YES on the ABOVE

And Dummy me Bought another "Big Sucker" that is Just as THIN where the first one broke.

It hasn't broken Yet (on my 1200 sport R) but it doesn't get ridden like it used to and as much as my 09 FLHR does....Comfort...

signed....BUBBIE

I love K&N, running them in any car or bike I drive/ride! I even put them in my mom & girlfriend's cars. He he I don't know the price od the HD Heavy breather, but I do know K & N make a similar looking filter setup for most Harley models.
WAP.gif

I have K&N on everything I own. It's the first mod I do. The problem is: My "friends" keep talking about the oil in the K&N causing havoc with sensors in the intake tract. I've never had a problem with any of them, but scuttlebutt is rampant.
On the diesel forum, saying I have a K&N is the equivalent of saying I'm having sex with a relative....frowned upon.:p
Do most people use just the replacement element, or the whole intake kit? I kinda like the A.C. cover on my FatBoy.

Back