Best 2up seat for the Street Glide

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by sjcea, Jul 14, 2013.

1. sjcea

sjcea Active Member

Need a real good 2 up seat for my 2006 Street Glide . Offers great comfort for rider and passenger. Any good suggestions would be appreciated! !

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I have not tried one yet, but enough members here recommended Mustang that I think it will be my next seat

3. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

4. sjcea

sjcea Active Member

I've looked at Mustang and they are a nice seat but was also looking for other options that are just as good if not better?

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Lack of a tour pak is why the Street Glide seat is so narrow in the back, to prevent the "big butt" look of the Electra Glide Standard seat. All really comfy seats will give your S.G. that "big" look if you don't add the tour pak or at least a sissy bar. :(

6. sjcea

sjcea Active Member

I have a quick detach sissy bar that I use when the wife rides. And I would only use the new seat when she rides as well

7. KPFLHRSI

KPFLHRSI Member

I had the same seat on my 04 RK custom and my wife hated it, I went with the Mustang touring seprate seats, QR backrest and a fender bib, When the wife isn't on the bike the back seat comes off (less than a minute)and the bike looks good again, and I still have a very comfortable ride.

Kevin

8. 1Canuck

1Canuck Banned

sundowner street glide stitch has satisfied rider & passenger for 50k KM (30k miles)

9. Ga98Dyna

Ga98Dyna Member

Found the Mustang to be a Great Seat on most all my rides. Because had a 2005 Road King thought would reply here.

10. MSgt Van

MSgt Van New Member

MrsSgt Van loves the Mustang. I recommend the larger passenger backrest.