free website stats program Bent belt adjuster bolt | Harley Davidson Forums

Bent belt adjuster bolt

jwquinn

I pulled the bags off my '12 FSLTC to check things out and clean up the rear wheel, and saw that the right side belt adjustment bolt was bent. I'm not sure where or how this happened, but there it is.

It's not a warranty thing, and it looks like in order to replace it I need to pull the slip-on and brake caliper. Since its bent, I'm concerned about the threads on the frame where the bolt installs, but they may only need to be cleaned. Has anyone dealt with this sort of thing or replaced one of the adjustment bolts? Thanks!

JohnQ

I pulled the bags off my '12 FSLTC to check things out and clean up the rear wheel, and saw that the right side belt adjustment bolt was bent. I'm not sure where or how this happened, but there it is.

It's not a warranty thing, and it looks like in order to replace it I need to pull the slip-on and brake caliper. Since its bent, I'm concerned about the threads on the frame where the bolt installs, but they may only need to be cleaned. Has anyone dealt with this sort of thing or replaced one of the adjustment bolts? Thanks!

JohnQ
2012 should have 2 years unlimited bumper to bumper warranty, take it in to the dealer

Not a warranty issue. I took it to a local shop to have the belt adjusted two months ago, and fond the bad bolt last week while putting on the detachable bag kit. I can do the work myself, just wondered if anyone else had run into this.

Back