free website stats program Belts and Chains | Harley Davidson Forums

Belts and Chains

RickyBobby

I was riding home this evening when I spied a dog near the road. I get my adrenalin up at the sight of one that could be thinking about some tire biting. I hit a dog many years ago with my bike and I was lucky enough to escape a wreck, but it felt like I was in the air for a while. The dog was not so lucky I am afraid.
Well, this dog tonight did not even pay me any mind at all. That got me thinking for the rest of the way, could there be something about the noise of the chain drives that affect dogs. I don't seem to have any problems with them at all like I did on my chain drives. Even my primary does not seem to make as much noise as the old shovel did.
My question is do you notice any difference with dogs and belt drives? I am just curious if there is a connection there or my imagination going wild again.

I had a young dog chase me home last night. At first I thought that he was aggressive, so I hit the throttle and thought that I got rid of him. A 1/4 mile up the road I look over to my left and there he is just smokin. I turn up my road and he still is with me and turn into my drive way and he is still there. I park the bike in the shop and he won't come near me, he takes off in a second and the end.
kemo

I had a young dog chase me home last night. At first I thought that he was aggressive, so I hit the throttle and thought that I got rid of him. A 1/4 mile up the road I look over to my left and there he is just smokin. I turn up my road and he still is with me and turn into my drive way and he is still there. I park the bike in the shop and he won't come near me, he takes off in a second and the end.
kemo

Maybe he wanted to make sure it was you.:newsmile100::newsmile100:

i drive my friends dog crazy , its out barking running up and down the fence , when ur across the street . stop in front of house dog goes crazy open the gate go inside the dog runs away . it dont like bikes or men

My dog does not like my bikes if it looks like im going near a bike he goes daft and starts barking at the front wheel
But then he seems to get upset with almost anything with an electric motor in it
so perhaps it is the starter motor or the charging system i just dont know

Brian

I think it is the low frequency vibration of the motors that hurts there heads, My german sheppard Hated my 60 fl:newsmile100:

It's funny, my old yellow lab when she was a pup, I took the cover off the tourbox and leashed her in it a couple times when she was young. She like us loved to ride but got to big but still wanted to go everytime I started the bike.

Amen for belt drive. Been mucking about with a Scotoiler on my ricer which a tech broke (and then denied of course....) and it's driven me crazy. The belt on my sportster is a joy by comparison...

Back